1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

all this shooting, killing, and hatred all around us... #BlackLivesMatter

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Jul 8, 2016.

1. RIP Philando Castile. Shot 4 times while reaching for his ID that the officer ASKED him to get.
    I also seen the video of the tragic death of Altron Sterling.. I'm saddened, and disgusted. This pathetic act infuriates me to the core. RIP
    I'm aware of what's going on in Dallas right now too..
    11 Dallas officers shot, 4 dead in shooting as protest ended. RIP
    Killing random police officers doesn't fix the problem that we are dealing with.

2. KingRecover17

KingRecover17 Fapstronaut

White Supremacy has to die.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    HippyMinstrel and slingshot like this.
  3. Apparently the police officers died saving the protesters. There was someone with a sniper above the building shooting at the protest.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

4. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

If only police were hit it doesn't sound like the sniper was targeting protesters, but rather specifically cops. If it was protesters the body count would likely be much higher.

These kinds of things look real bad. I think I saw the video of the guy who got shot, but I didn't see him get shot it showed after he got shot, and I didn't see what was so damning? I've seen some pretty horrible cop videos of them gunning down people of a whole variety of colors, and videos that show actual footage of things much worse than what allegedly happened in this case they are rioting over.

Edit....

Looked that up again, and it does show the cop executing the guy. That was real bad!!! Still, the cops do this to people of every color. That being said the cop should be charged with Murder, and any fellow cops who were aware of what happened that didn't turn him in should be charged as accessories to murder

5. KingRecover17

This whole incident is really sad. Your right the cop that shoot Alton Sterling should be chareged with muder, as well as the officer who killed Philando Castile and watching the video of Sterling made during me cringed and made me really sad. It's just crazy that they say he was resisting arrest when he couldn't wasn't, but yet there was a recent incident of a white male who was clearly resisting arrest on video and was even running away from the cops, but yet the cops didn't even do anything to him.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. IGY

IGY Guest

Who would want to live in America with all this gun violence? o_O It is a disgraceful indictment on a diseased culture IMHO.

The senseless slaughter of innocent black people by so called law enforcement officers is despicable. It is racist aggression. The snipers responsible for killing 5 police officers in Dallas (and injuring 6 more and a black woman) are a disgrace also. When will Americans open their eyes to the fact that issues cannot be resolved by gun violence? And don't tell me that those snipers bought their semi-automatic weapons for self-defence! I am disgusted by the racially motivated gun deaths of black people by white police officers. The officers gunned down in Dallas did not deserve to die either. I am so sad! :(

7. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

America is gong to shit. I can't wait to move to another country

Deleted Account and Be Normal like this.
  8. IGY

IGY Guest

Be Normal and BlackKnight like this.
  9. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

Meh. Stuff like this happens all the time. White, black and every race in between. Follow the rules, do what they say and most importantly don't put yourself in position to be shot in the first place.

You know why I've never been shot? I don't surround myself with idiots and do retarded things. THAT is the key.

10. IGY

IGY Guest

Look @The Progressive One, Philando Castile was getting his ID as requested when he was murdered by the police officer. He did not put himself into a position to be shot. Don't be so goddamned stupid! :mad:

11. The Second Amendment exists, and it isn't just for white Americans. In the wake of the Philando Castile shooting, the police need reminding of that.

12. hej då

hej då Fapstronaut

Comply or die.

13. KingRecover17

Exactly man.

14. Owari

Owari Fapstronaut

I talked about this with my dad when we heard about the Sterling shooting. A lot of these officers have the stereotypical mindset that a black man has "a knife or gun and will shoot me if I don't shoot him." That's why a lot of these shootings occur: Because paranoid cops are afraid of black people and think that they all have some weapon in their pockets.

15. IGY

IGY Guest

In other words, they are dumb!

Owari likes this.
  16. Owari

Owari Fapstronaut

Thanks.
    How do these people even get to be cops anyways?

17. TacoKing

TacoKing Fapstronaut

Has anyone noticed most media fails to mention the race of the shooter or the injured cops in Dallas?

Thoughts?

18. Violence is a little bit like throwing a firecracker into an aisle full of other firecrackers. You might be lucky and the explosion might go off without affecting any of the others. Or you might be unlucky and start a chain reaction that leaves the whole aisle burned to a crisp.

Cops have clearly for a long time been targeting and killing African Americans - usually for racially motivated reasons. They know they can get away with it. From the murder of Sandra Bland in a police cell, to roadside executions. It's come to a strange point in our history when we can now say that the blue flashing lights of a cop car are probably scarier to the average US black person than the white hoods of the KKK..

Now it's no surprise that after seeing it go on unpunished, that someone has snapped and decided to exact revenge. The problem is that this achieves nothing. While I don't condone violence of any sort - if you're going to exact revenge through violence, at least go after the people on whom the revenge could reasonably be inflicted - i.e. those officers who executed innocent people. Targeting random officers is just as brutal, sadistic, and unhinged as the acts of the officers that provoked this violence in the first place. Whoever invented the phrase "fight fire with fire" needs a damned slap in the face, as we all know it's only with water that a fire comes to a halt.

I do hope that if nothing else the recent events spur investigations into what is going on in the US police force, and that changes are put into place - because if not, the recent shooting of those officers is just going to make more officers paranoid and angry towards people of colour, and the violence will escalate on both sides. I hope that the deaths on all sides of this affair over the last few weeks can serve as a wake up call that our current situation is one that needs changing.

My heart goes out to the families of those killed by police, and to the families of the officers shot today/yesterday. It it sad that our society has become so depraved at times that this kind of thing can happen.

Owari likes this.
  19. Owari

Owari Fapstronaut

On that note, I saw a Japanese news article (about the Sterling incident) and its title which explicitly mentions police officers and a black man. It said something like "A black man is shot again by police officers in the US."

Makes you think.

20. Deleted Account likes this.