1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to grow taller?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Hello,

I have a question: I am 18 years old and 5'7" tall. I don't have a specific height-goal, I just want to grow somehow (or at least to appear taller). I literally haven't grown since age 13 :/

My question is: Are there any ways to actually grow (of course without HGH) with 18 years and/or to appear taller?

2. MrBigA

MrBigA Fapstronaut

Well, aside from going to a surgeon and having your bones broken and then stretched, a long drawn out process... Your body just grows to where it wants to grow... Not sure there is anything you can do.

3. MrBigA

MrBigA Fapstronaut

I was 6'2" by the time I was 14... And that is still where I am now... on the plus side... Umbrellas won't poke you in the eye and strangers won't perpetually ask you to reach stuff from high places... Or ask the ever amusing 'how's the weather up there, big man?"

Gotbn likes this.
  4. Masquerade

Masquerade Fapstronaut

Make sure your posture is good and upright and it really makes a difference. Second thing is you cannot do anything to further increase your height after puberty. After growth spurt the tip of long bones become closed and further elongation is not possible.

5. SLIPZ19

SLIPZ19 Fapstronaut

I've tried everything mate and I am 5'4. I would kill to be 5'7, but hey, we all want something we don't have. Just accept yourself and be happy.

MsPants and ontheway like this.
  6. My ideas would be (to "grow" taller):

- good posture (as you said)
    - stretching exercises
    - supplements
    - gym (especially leg-workout)

And to appear taller:

- insoles
    - clothing (but don't know what exactly type of clothing)
    - being (super) skinny

Any thoughts about these points? Any extra ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  7. I'm 10 inches lying down.

I'd post a pic but it's against NoFap rules.

MrBigA likes this.
  8. Gotbn

Gotbn Fapstronaut

Hey, even I am 6'2". Totally agree with the umbrella poking and people asking to reach stuff from high places. Would like to add one more point about being really uncomfortable on planes. People have this misconception that tall people are lucky, life's easy for them, and they have girls flocking around them. But, that's not true. I'm 17 and I have still not had a girlfriend yet. (I had proposed a crush but it was a disaster. Duh, different story) So, just be happy with your height and develop other "soft" skills. (Pun intended)

9. KiKopowa

KiKopowa Fapstronaut

I have a friend who is 5'4'' he doesnt mind his height , he even jokes about it. U should not worry about things you cannot change.
    All those insecurites are projected to us by the Media "how to be the perfect being","be this and others will like you".
    You are not your looks, you are your attitude. DMX is 5'1''
    Im 6'2'' and i have lost the count on how many times i have hit my head into store tents or the bus bars. Not to mention it sucks to travel since i am too tall to fit into the seat.

yousuff likes this.
  10. I know, you may want to make me feel better. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, I can hardly accept my height though. So, please just concentrate on #6

11. MrBigA

MrBigA Fapstronaut

There are some things in life that you just have to accept.

I dunno, continually wear pinstriped clothes, platform shoes... Invest in some stilts?

I mean, why is this such an issue? It's your body, your height.... It just how it is. Would it not be better to just come to terms with it?

12. If you were 5'7", you'd understand me. You see it from a different perspective, because you are (at least) 6'2" (as you've written).

But I understand, the maximum is probably only a bit more than 1 inch by stretching-exercises and so on.

So, I guess I have to ask another question: How could I build a charisma/"alpha atmosphere" which lets people respect me like I'd be minimum 6" tall?

yousuff likes this.
  13. I'm a little bit over 6'. When I took MMA classes the toughest, baddest dudes were usually between 5' 5'' and 5' 10''. They were the best athletes with the most shredded physiques and were as alpha as anyone I've ever met. You want huge guys to respect you? Learn how to fight and defend yourself, physically and verbally. Never take anyone's shit.

Also appearances are meaningless if you don't have a good job, a nice car, and nice place to live. You think a woman would go out with a homeless guy just because he was 6' 7''. Absolutely not!

yousuff likes this.
  14. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

DMX is 5.11''

15. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I am 5.6". And trying to accept my height as it is.