1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers are the BOMB!!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by malemedusa, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Not if you are in Canada;)

letter and SLIPZ19 like this.
  2. Bambazox

Bambazox New Fapstronaut

Here in Brazil cold shower = warm shower if it's done while daytime, so i tried to take a showers at 5a.m and it totally worked! So much energy to work, think and study. I had read about cold showers once but only believed after i feelled the experience. Thanks for the tip! I'll try on a daily basis

3. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

Just tried doing this and shiett is it hard.Managed to stay about 30 seconds, but I ll try to stay longer tomorrow.

4. Ochanomizu

Ochanomizu Fapstronaut

Is it really necessary to stay in the cold shower for so long?

Seems like a waste of water :/ Just a while in there works for me!

5. Phoenix11

Phoenix11 Fapstronaut

Wow. Had a 3 minute cold shower. First since I can remember. It felt great. Thanks for your post!!!

James2016journal and El fapio like this.
  6. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I refuse to give up my hot showers. It's one of the only things that makes me not want to kill myself.

ItsSeal likes this.
  7. ToGoBeyond

ToGoBeyond Fapstronaut

Great Motivation! I will definitely try cold shower! I heard that cold shower can effectively reduce depression! =)

8. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

Why do you bother replying then.Just to spread your negativity?

Puretim and The |E|volutionary like this.
  9. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

Yep! That's what I do :p

10. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

11. I'm sure it does since you're too cold be anything other than freezing! :D

12. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

To anyone having difficulty with this, just try gradually going from lukewarm to how much cold you can handle in 5 mins.I am on day 4 now and managed to shower for full minute on 100% cold.Just keep pushing yourself :)

13. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

I'm going to give this a go, I have been pussying out far too much from the cold water. Its time to do it ever if I have to kick and scream

James2016journal and El fapio like this.
  14. My preference for shower varies according to season , in summer its cold shower and in winter its hot, even I don't like having one I don't have much option to choose for water for shower....:(:(:(:(

15. notoday

notoday Fapstronaut

So inspiring bro! Great writing too. I think I'll try cold showers myself

16. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I’ve started having cold showers and I love it. I start with lukewarm water then switch to cold all the way pretty much straight away. I’m under there for a good 5-10 minutes each time. I love the end where I’ve completely acclimatised and embrace the water like it’s normal. The benefits are worth it, and I just enjoy the sense of accomplishment. Do it.

17. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ive been doing it for a few monghs now and its alot easier than when i started. Its a good way to get invigorated and I dont think ill ever stop. Also once a week i fill the tub with cold water ,dump in 20 pounds of ice and soak for 10 minutes. Then i go 10 minutes as hot as i can stand. I feel unbelievably relaxed when im done.

18. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Yep. Just got out from a cold shower now and once the cold hits my body is used to it. Only takes about 15 seconds to completely adjust. I won’t be stopping. I like how I get out and I’m not sweating, just cool as a cucumber and feeling great.

19. Reginald001

Reginald001 Fapstronaut

Hey guys. I curious after some specifics. What temperatures are we talking here? Where you live really matters, right? For instance, my cold water can get as low as 2 celcius here during fall, winter and spring. I've had a serious and life threatening undercooling of my body event, which sent me to the hospital, at which my core temperature dove beneath 26 celcius. After that I was shaking for 36 hours straight. I'm really interested to take cold showers, but I think specifics are important.

Wat do we define as a cold shower? What temperatures? And is there a scale of temperatures -> effectiveness?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  20. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

As cold as your shower allows would be my answer.

Reginald001 likes this.