1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrong City Blues

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Joe Black, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Joe Black

Joe Black Fapstronaut

By the title of the thread I'm guessing you know this is about the city I live in..

Just graduated university this year in the uk leaving Norwich to live with the family in a newish city.

Known as the poundland of the country most people come into this town just to shop, so finding locals and anyone my age has been a struggle.

Now 2 months in I have an easy two day job at a supermarket in town. I'm quite good with my colleagues however they lacking ambitions and have no motivation to do anything, only to go out to one club on a Friday.. they are a strange circle people and have a tenancy to talk behind people's back.. a lot..

About a few weeks ago I befriended a comic book shop owner, talked about the struggle of finding some good friends. And has kind of invited me to a D&D night.

I have know idea I should go donno if it is my scene or will be bonbarded with steriotypes. I'm gonna go anyway, got to try everything one right?

So my city blues are living in an empty town surrounded by tourests.

Deleted Account and D . J . like this.
  2. Leonardo_001

Leonardo_001 Fapstronaut

Man, I'm from a city with three stoplights. Being lonely and in the wrong city sucks. But just look at it this way, a hot girl probably feels the same way about the town you're both living in, you just gotta find her; and that my friend, takes socializing and networking, which are a part of nofap.

So go to those awkward events! If they don't work out, then you probably won't remember them in couple of years and nobody else is going to remember them. However, if you meet someone, you definitely will remember.

Joe Black likes this.
  3. Joe Black

Joe Black Fapstronaut

Thanks man thats really uplifting! 3 stop lights what!! Do isolated places really exist?!

D . J . likes this.
  4. Darkstar 22.84

Darkstar 22.84 Fapstronaut

That sounds like a dream vacation.
    I miss silence

D . J . likes this.
  5. Leonardo_001

Leonardo_001 Fapstronaut

It's called redneckia USA. It's really interesting growing up in the American south.

Deleted Account and D . J . like this.
  6. Leonardo_001

Leonardo_001 Fapstronaut

It really is though. People really like to hate on the south but, it's really amazing having your closest neighbor a mile away. I struggle anytime I'm in a city too long. People are really polite and keep out of your business haha!

Joe Black likes this.
  7. Darkstar 22.84

They're polite because they don't see each other all that much

Leonardo_001 likes this.
  8. Leonardo_001

Leonardo_001 Fapstronaut

Pretty much. You get so used to people in cities that you don't see as much value in every single
    Person you see. However, in more rural areas people are more of pleasure to see. I like valuing people, cuz people can be amazing.

Darkstar 22.84 likes this.
  9. Darkstar 22.84

The same is relevant here. See, where I work there are a lot of countryside folk and they seem to really value the
    'Good morning' and 'Goodbye' routine.
    Their faces lit up if you initiate conversation and they're more likely to be nice to you if you show interest in their thing.
    Unlike city folk who don't give a fuck.

I'm a city folk but I've always felt best at the countryside.

Leonardo_001 and Joe Black like this.
  10. Joe Black

Joe Black Fapstronaut

I beg to differ I've been working in a supermarket for a while in the center city and it seems that most people light up (old folk) and want to have conversation. But It feels like I'm giving them the only conversation they will get that day.

It seems everyone wants to interact but are to embarrassed, proud, defencive to act on it. I'm the same too mind

Leonardo_001 likes this.
  11. Darkstar 22.84

Old people are lonely and are always happy for a chat.
    Some even tell you their entire lives in one session
    Not all of them are boring

Leonardo_001 and Joe Black like this.