1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Movie/TV Show You Watched?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Would you rather I rub your back with watered down dribble-drabble?

2. What is dribble-drabble?

3. Last TV show was Grey's anatomy
    Last movie was Birth Of A Nation

4. I shoot from the hip. I don't mean to sound gruff but I tell it how it is and pull no punches. The punches I throw are not out of spite, but rather out of truth. Sometimes the blunt truth hurts. Sensitivity is not my strong suit, but I shall work on it because some people are sensitive.

So I feel I should apologize for the boobies ranting. I just want you to know I had your best interests in mind even if I was speaking like some kind of military officer.

I suppose you could say it's like a short comment, less than a sentence, with really no effort put into posting, pretty much a mindless comment with no depth whatsoever that is sometimes seen when people interact on forums.

Witty banter that is usually aimed at one another's egos.

Perhaps I should have asked would you have rather I stroked your ego?

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. No reason for apology. I didn't got offended, not one of the sensitive types either. I appreciate you trying to help tho. But my boobies comment was meant as a joke. Sorry for triggering your firing reflex. False alarm soldier. Also, maybe it was a dick move to crack jokes in response to replies from somebody who genuinely wants to help, as you said you were. Was it? I can't tell. :oops:
    Oh yea?! And I shoot from the... ahm... never mind... I'm on Hard Mode for a year. :eek:
    If you would have asked THAT I probably would have replied with something similar as the sentence above. Ahm... :oops:

6. Well those kinds of jokes here can't really be seen as jokes given the nature of this forum...

I do hope you don't go stalking Evan Rachel now......

I like how defensive this post was.

No need to explain further.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Maybe just on Facebook. But yea, she's pretty hot, so I probably shouldn't... :p
    I get that. Some might interpret them literary. Overall it's harder to express things like sarcasm / irony / satirize over text format. So it often can miss.
    Sorry for bothering you. :oops:

8. No need to apologize. I mean I apologize I assumed you got your jollies off lusting at Evan Rachel on Westwood based on your post.

It makes me feel better to know that you would view her with dignity and respect as she ain't your woman.

By all means if you have the balls and don't feel creepy doing it find out what her number is..................................................................

9. DAMMIT ALMIGHTY I AIN'T NO BIBLE THUMPER NOR DO I BELIEVE IN A SINGLE GOD BUT I NEED TO SHARE THESE BIBLE VERSES DUE TO WHERE THIS THREAD IS HEADING FML:

Matthew 5:28 ESV / 1,598 helpful votes
    But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Galatians 5:16 ESV / 1,149 helpful votes
    But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV / 1,045 helpful votes
    Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 ESV / 843 helpful votes
    For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1 John 2:16 ESV / 710 helpful votes
    For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Colossians 3:5 ESV / 654 helpful votes
    Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

2 Timothy 2:22 ESV / 553 helpful votes
    So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Galatians 5:19-21 ESV / 465 helpful votes
    Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:13 ESV / 398 helpful votes
    “Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Romans 8:6 ESV / 386 helpful votes
    For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

James 1:14-15 ESV / 367 helpful votes
    But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

1 Peter 2:11 ESV / 344 helpful votes
    Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.

John 14:15 ESV / 315 helpful votes
    “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Psalm 119:37 ESV / 304 helpful votes
    Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.

Galatians 6:8 ESV / 302 helpful votes
    For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Job 31:1 ESV / 299 helpful votes
    “I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin?

Hebrews 13:4 ESV / 277 helpful votes
    Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Psalm 119:9-10 ESV / 266 helpful votes
    How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!

Philippians 4:8 ESV / 219 helpful votes
    Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Mark 7:20-23 ESV / 201 helpful votes
    And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

Romans 13:14 ESV / 198 helpful votes
    But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV / 192 helpful votes
    Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 1:9 ESV / 183 helpful votes
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 8:34 ESV / 167 helpful votes
    Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin.

Psalm 86:11 ESV / 167 helpful votes
    Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.

Psalm 101:3 ESV / 163 helpful votes
    I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.

Romans 6:12 ESV / 160 helpful votes
    Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions.

James 4:1-3 ESV / 158 helpful votes
    What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Proverbs 5:5-23 ESV / 122 helpful votes
    Her feet go down to death; her steps follow the path to Sheol; she does not ponder the path of life; her ways wander, and she does not know it. And now, O sons, listen to me, and do not depart from the words of my mouth. Keep your way far from her, and do not go near the door of her house, lest you give your honor to others and your years to the merciless, ...

Romans 12:1 ESV / 116 helpful votes
    I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Proverbs 4:23 ESV / 114 helpful votes
    Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 112 helpful votes
    Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-27 ESV / 107 helpful votes
    For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Exodus 20:14 ESV / 100 helpful votes
    “You shall not commit adultery.

Matthew 5:29 ESV / 94 helpful votes
    If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 ESV / 89 helpful votes

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Ephesians 4:22 ESV / 87 helpful votes
    To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires

Just share what you watched without any debasing comments from here on out PLEASE.

10. That was a joke too. Is all of this shit really flying over your head or are you trolling me?
    Well, there are times when I feel like I need support. In which case I will be humbly asking for it. When I ask I open door to my mind (heart?) and I can take some harsh criticism. And I do try to give some of my support to other members as well when I can. Because that's how this forum works; it's a trade and we have to support each other to grow stronger. That's kinda how addiction based communities work. But if somebody rubs it into my face without me asking I do get kinda defensive. Because since I did not asked for it I feel they are sticking their nose into something that's none of their business. Especially if it comes with judgmental implications. It's completely different thing to say things like "you can do it, good job" or "you're not doing that good, I think you could do better if you would try this or that", that's all nice and cute support.

So while I do not get offended, upset or angry I do feel something. Not negative, more like neutral in a way. I guess you could explain that emotion as "being defensive". It's hard to describe. I feel like a hedgehog making a spiky ball. Maybe it's a type of fear? A discomfort that naturally happens when one feels intrusion on their private space? My natural response is just ignore those type of things and not even reply. All tho my secondary response is to crack a joke to discharge that energy. Which is probably also what happened here.

(Disclaimer: not being offended or attacking you, just being honest.)

Ok, let's talk of movies now...

11. Who said I'm not allowed to joke too buddy.

Not one more word of titties from your keyboard please.

12. :(

13. Just watched Southside with You a short & sweet film. Cute, nothing more. A great lil tribute to some really great human beings whom are as hated as they are loved by the masses. I love them, I'm not into politics at all but I respect genuinely good hearted people and Barack and Michelle are good people.

If it falls into your lap or you are a romance fanatic check it out otherwise it's really just a great tribute film not really a special movie otherwise by any means.

14. The Joy of Data
    An interesting documentary on the historic, present and future use of data.

15. Do you surf :)?

16. Last movie was Dallas Buyers Club.
    Last TV show was True Detective.

Both excellent.

17. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I get bored of tv and games really fast.
    Maybe it's because I don't want to imagine anymore.
    Staring at a screen following a story as if you are in it, it all just feels like a substitute for real adventure to me now.

Why shouldn't my life be as enthralling as a show or movie.
    I have this urge...to pack a backpack and trek to a far away land, live rough for a few weeks and see how far I go.
    Obviously there's a safety factor, alone, anyone could try attack me or kill me for no reason for example. But that's all part of the adventure. Living on the edge.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  18. Do it up.

Men don't dream. Children dream.

Well this is totally a biased opinion haha.

I suppose dreams aren't childish per se, but in my eyes a man takes action and doesn't let anything, not even death, stop him from doing what he has set his mind on doing. If he isn't gonna do it, he doesn't fantasize about it. Children dwell in the fantasy land between dreams and manifesting your own reality.

Star Lord likes this.
  19. Hmmm, a fan of Matthew are we?

I didn't see DBC because the topic was a bit heavy for me and tbh I wasn't interested in it but I know how much it means to alot of people. Amazing film too regardless of the subject matter I heard.

True Detective was good until season 2 lol.

I love Matthew. So much.

I saw Free State of Jones recently, couple weeks ago. Good film. He was the best part of it.