1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Planks and wall sits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 11, 2017.

How long can you plank for?

1. under a minute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 - 1.5 minutes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 1.5 - 2 minutes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 2 - 2.5 minutes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 2.5 - 3 minutes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 3 - 3.5 minutes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 3.5+ minutes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. So I can plank for 3:20 and wall sit for 3:45. I realised that it is more about tolerance to pain than the strength of your muscles. I play a song on my phone and just listen to the music as much as I can and then I can beat the excruciating pain for longer.
    It's pretty fun.
    Are there other bodyweight positions that you do? For how long?

2. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

I like holding myself up on a bar doing Chin ups. Keeping my arms at a 90 degree angle and just hold it. The most i did was around 15 seconds

3. sounds fun
    I wish there were a suitable chin up bar at my house

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I like laying in a plank position, in my bed, while sleeping. Identical to a wooden plank. As in, flat.

As in, I'm not actually working out.

You get the point.

5. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Hanging from a pull up bar with legs to my chest and holding it as long as possible

6. Guy Heller

Guy Heller Fapstronaut

That is in fact true, so so true. For a long time I thought I could do planks for around 3 minutes or a bit more. but not long ago, in my school I did a solid 6 minutes and 15 seconds, just because I had the right amount of motivation. I more than doubled my previous record which is crazy when you think about it.

This just shows that it's more about the strength of you mind and your tolerance, and less about the strength of the muscles.

Deleted Account likes this.