1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Push up 30 day fap free challenge!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Of course everyone wants to get fit for the new Year and I have a challenge just for that. The aim of this challenge is, whenever the urge builds up, you simply complete 10-20 push-ups then go on with your day. That way you'll get some physical gains too ahaha. Who's with me?
    PS: if it works, keep it going past the 30 days by all means.

2. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Good luck and god bless ;)

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Adane7

Adane7 Fapstronaut

4. Mr Malachi

Mr Malachi Fapstronaut

Been doing a daily push up regement for the past year. I have found that the positive release of serentonin has helped me overcome depression, sadness, anxiety and even sexual frustration. Great challenge! I am in! Proud of my nofap January, and will walk with you into February. Each month that I own, builds my power... Physically and mentally.
    P.s. My original goal was to do 50 push-ups without stopping, been peaking at 47 this week, your mine 50!

Deleted Account and Ken G like this.
  5. Nobar

Nobar New Fapstronaut

Same same. Almost doubled my routine in 9 days.
    We got this!
    Keep your stick on the ice. We're all in this together.

In times of doubt I just recite the Man's Prayer.
    "I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess."

Deleted Account and Mr Malachi like this.
  6. Nobar

Nobar New Fapstronaut

Also I personally find it helps when I exercise to the music of director John Carpenter.
    Makes me think of how Snake Plisskin might deal.

7. Alright lads, I'm sure you know what to do.
    Here's to self improvement!

8. Mr Malachi

Mr Malachi Fapstronaut

Been keeping it up every day, hope you lads are persevering!

9. keep up the good work !

10. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

Actually, more than just "you'll be getting some gains too," this is actually what I originally used to combat urges. I would do as many pushups as needed to make my arms sore without leaving me out of breath. I would do this EVERY SINGLE TIME I felt an urge. I started out with 50 pushups each urge. I'm now up to 100 in one go. I would do as many as 250 pushups a day to stop my urges. I would get so tired of it that I would focus my efforts and thoughts on something else to avoid it. But DAMN LOOK AT THEM GAINS.

11. Sadly today I relapsed on day 15. However in that short time i noticed great benefits such as increased energy, and proficiency with every day tasks. Its just a minor set back for a major comeback and as i went 15 days no urges, I'm sure I've got this. Stay blessed guys. Keep up the good work!

12. Mr Malachi

Mr Malachi Fapstronaut

All good man! Shake it off, extra push ups and refocus. You got this

13. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

Good job scruff

Awakeatlast likes this.
  14. You should try pyramid sets, they'll do wonders for your strength & endurance.

Awakeatlast likes this.
  15. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

That and HIIT exercises. Tabata is a good type of HIIT to try.

16. Soyuz 77

Soyuz 77 New Fapstronaut

I like this idea! Count me in!

17. Green Monstah

Green Monstah Fapstronaut

Been at this NoFap challenge for a while now. PMO-free streaks, relapse... some negativity has consumed me. Last few days I worked to turn all my negativity and energy into pushups. Never thought I had it in me. Never knew i could do this much but 3 days ago i did 4x25 pushups. Decided that 100 should be a munimum every day. Next day was 5x25, and then 6x25 the next da.

Today I was angry at myself for fantasizing and letting it get to me. I didn't turn to PMO, but i wasn't proud of letting the p-subs back into my life. I went ahead and attempted 150. I did 3 sets of 25 no problem, then the sets got broken up as i neared 100. I decided, let's go for 200 no matter how many reps i do in the remaining sets. let's make a real push! The rest was broken from sets of 10-25, but i made it to 200!

Let's do this people! Instead of PMO, do something more positive for your body and your mind!

18. These are the things I love to hear. With my A-levels approaching and my journey of abstinence, I have found myself getting a little stressed. However, I started going to the gym again too, and i feel remarkable. Keep going lads!

Green Monstah and shanky kumar like this.