1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm in a bit of a pickel...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TheMeInMe, Feb 12, 2017.

1. TheMeInMe

TheMeInMe Fapstronaut

Hey there blokes!
    So I'm going stay the night at a friends place and there will be several females friends as well and we'll be all sleep in the same room and the last thing I want is a wet dream...any ideas?

I'm on my 20th day of hardcore, and I've never had a wet dream in my life.

2. PostiveChange1974

PostiveChange1974 Fapstronaut

First, wet dreams aren't a forgone conclusion. If you have never had one, then it's very possible that you won't get one, even in this new environment. It's not that it can't happen, but it's not something that absolutely going to happen.

There is nothing that you can do ahead of time that would stop or help you resist a wet dream. It is an involuntary response. So don't stress about something you can't control.

If you are concerned about this, then prepare. Women often never know exactly their periods may come, but they counter this by carrying emergency supplies close by. You too can take the same precautions. Just prepare a backpack/shoulder bag with additional boxers and something to clean yourself like wet wipes/hand towels. You can also become more comfortable by wearing pajama bottoms or sweats to sleep in, so that if it's an issue, it won't be obvious to those around. (If you feel self conscious about carrying these supplies, even in a backpack, leave them in the car). (While I don't really believe it's necessary, or even recommend it, if you are still super paranoid about this, you can wear a condom to bed. Just be aware that it may be possible that it will come loose in the night, and a condom gone missing because it came loose can be even more embarrassing. (It also smells strongly of latex). )

Finally, don't stress over if it does happen. We are human, and we have bodily functions that can surprise and amuse us. Each of us has had moments where we couldn't get to the restroom fast enough, nausea struck us unexpectedly, noses ran uncontrollably, or a whole host of events that can cause us to feel disgusted and embarrassed in the moment. But it's beyond your control, and it's because you are a human being. Don't feel less because of that.

3. TheMeInMe

TheMeInMe Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for such an in depth response! I'm not that concerned about it, its just a thought that popped into my head today. But no doubt I'll bring some towels/wipes and extra pair of boxers just in case...
    But thank you so much!

4. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

I feel there are precautions you can take. Doing some tantra deep breathing and stretching yoga type exercises will help channel the energy up.. prayer also helps to channel the energy to your higher self. I cant tell or teach you the exercises here.. there are plenty of info all over the web.. I originally learned them to last longer in bed with a girl, because they help you to not release.. but doing NoFap, I use them to not have wetdreams and to channel the the energy and be less horny

TheMeInMe likes this.
  5. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

Sleep in underwear and line with tissue. If a wet dream occurs simply go to the toilet and dispose of the tissue and carry on with your life.

TheMeInMe likes this.
  6. TheMeInMe

TheMeInMe Fapstronaut

Sounds like a plan. Cheers!

7. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

There was a girl that I took out for supper one and only one time. She knew it was a supper date, we went to a place where she said she liked to eat, she ordered only iced tea. I took her home early. Later, talking to a group of girls, I discovered that others would not eat on a first date, because they were afraid that they might burp. I married a girl that enjoyed eating well. I do not remember if she burped; I do remember that she listened to me and opened up to me.
    TheMe, do not worry about your natural bodily functions. They happen and life goes on. I heard about a guy that was so worried that his girl friend would hear him peeing in the bathroom, that he dropped his pants, stuck his bare foot in the toilet, and peed down his leg. He made no splashing sound, but then he had to figure out how to clean up silently. Do not become a joke, enjoy your evening with friends. Whatever happens, happens between friends.

Quiver likes this.
  8. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

Lol that's so funny!