1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social challenges

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Enki, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

I've recently added "socializing" to the list of things I want to improve on while on this nofap journey.

If you have any "social challenges" you'd like to read someone attempt, post them here. I may or may not do them. The idea is that I will be referring to this list any time I feel stale and I'll attempt to do one of them. I'll post results afterwards. If the challenge can potentially help me, I'll consider doing it.

Show me what you got.

Edit: These challenges are meant to grow me as a person. Doing these challenges without this goal in mind defeats the purpose (unless it's to maintain & sharpen an already existing skill)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. NextLevelOfLife

NextLevelOfLife Fapstronaut

3. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

Wow. I didn't expect nofap to have nothing.

4. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Trying talking to strangers.
    Or doing something good, a small favor for someone you dont know

5. By social challenges do you mean stuff like those youtube prank videos? like picking up girls with video game pick up lines haha

6. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Fapstronaut

There is this gym nearby where the instructor is very sociable. I also invited some of mu high school mates there. Started talking to them about how things are going. It is a great experience since before going to thag gym I have a dead social life. So I'm very happy that little by little my social circle is getting bigger.

Enki and MrPrince like this.
  7. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

Remembering the eye color and shape of the people you meet for a week. Every. Single. One.

8. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

SHAPE? Of their eyes or their body?

I'll take on the challenge... but why?

9. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

By challenges I mean things that grow me as a person, and has some reason behind it preferably. Just talking to random girls because I can doesn't build me up too much (besides my ego.)

10. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

Done. I saw this guy on campus who was struggling with homework. I spent the next hour helping him out with it and teaching him how to use the software. It turns out he was actually in my class and we just haven't talked or noticed each other yet. I now have a new contact in my phone and another friendly face to see around campus :)

As for talking to strangers - I do that all the time. That's actually more comfortable for me.

MrPrince and jaytranada like this.
  11. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

Eyes. Eye contact, attention to details.

MrPrince likes this.