1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dying alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Waldo101, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

It is common that many elderly people have died alone. Usually when that happens, their stuff ends up getting sold at second hand markets. I suspect that old 1958 Zippo lighter that I bought on eBay was from an estate sale and the original owner has passed away.

Anyway, I digress. Dying alone is a reality.

Is it that horrible? In my opinion, no. If you are alone with no relationships and you pass away, nobody is going to be emotionally upset.

2. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I know it may sound hard, but I think it's not really that bad as it sounds. Also, it's actually common for many old people to die alone.

Dr. King Schultz likes this.
  3. There is a saying: You are born alone, and you will die alone.

4. IGY

IGY Guest

Yes, I shall die alone. It is already planned and ready to put into action. I cannot wait to bow out from this fucking world!

5. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

Don't matter what you do in life cuz death will take away anything and everything you have had.

6. PostiveChange1974

PostiveChange1974 Fapstronaut

Not to get too cliche, but there is a saying.... "Everyone dies, not everyone lives".

In short, the idea isn't to control how the moment comes in the end. It's to fill the moments you do have with meaning and enjoyment. Have interesting adventures. Meeting interesting people. Help people. Pass on something to another generation. Then enjoy what you have accomplished, and rest easy that you've done well and right.

Dying alone may be inevitable, but it isn't about who misses you. It's simply whether you made the most of the time you had.

7. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

You should be a professor at Oxford. You articulated better than me.

8. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Very Well Said .

9. Dr. King Schultz

Dr. King Schultz Fapstronaut

The cold, harsh reality man.

Awakening123 likes this.
  10. Dr. King Schultz

Dr. King Schultz Fapstronaut

The truth is never cliché.

11. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

I don't care about dying alone, I care about the life I've lived, and how I treated everyone in it.
    That's one way of looking at it, but you can be happy alone, unless you don't know how to do it.

12. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

There is a rational and an irrational way of looking at death in a purely secular sense. PositiveChange1974 has shared the rational way with us.

13. Thug Life

Thug Life Guest

Without death we wouldn't appreciate shit. Even with death just look at all of the people and things we take for granted every day!

Thinking about death is what keeps me truly alive!

As for dying alone, it is possible to feel alone even amongst people. I believe death will always come with that feeling of being alone.

Awakening123 likes this.