1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone else not feel like a man but a man child ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Islanders190, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

very upset I binged and fapped from Monday to now plus got wasted on Tuesday to numb out the anger in me that let lust best me. I got to thinking though .....i feel like a man child I'm 26,have a part time job,live with my parents,they support me, and have no car. I don't feel like a man. people my age and prolly younger are go getters and making shit happen while I'm here relapsing because I let lust best me because I wanted to see sex tape and leaked photos of a female wrestler. am I the only one who feels like a man child ?

2. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

It would not be very pleasant for me if I get to feel (or act) like a man child, even if I fap.

I act normal and quiet whenever I'm surrounded in public, because, for example, it would be very embarrassing for me if I act like a child in public. Imagine that shit. Just saying. :/

The |E|volutionary likes this.
  3. Whalenz

Whalenz Fapstronaut

Hey bro! Sorry to hear about that, be strong and carry on!

I definitely sometimes feel that way. I can't even muster up the courage to talk to any woman at all at the moment and the urges are so strong that I feel like Im going to crack any min. It definitely makes me feel like a weak man but at the same time... You and I are fighting addiction so you can say you are a pretty strong man for fighting something as dominating as that. We are doing alright man. As long as you are a nice human then you shouldn't put yourself down for the situation you're in. Comparing yourself to others is a pretty easy way to fall into a bad depression. You are your own person with your own goals, troubles and backstory.

4. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

what i mean by man child is that I'm 26.im in a mans body but my parents support me and I let them like I'm a child or teen. like other people my age are talking about responsibility, buying a car, renting an apartment, you know real life adult issues. while I'm here living with my parents, no car, no real job, additced. which is why I feel like I'm a man child. no excuses for me though I am where I am and I own it

Whalenz likes this.
  5. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

thanks for the reminder on not comparing myself to others because that's always a losing battle. and please man don't relapse you don't want to feel that misery,pain,shame, again. I acted like a caveman once I found out this wrestler had a sex tape leaked. I let lust consume me and once I relapsed I felt empty like dog shit. whatever you do just don't relapse trsnsumte that sexual energy

QUOTE="Whayel, post: 784691, member: 113360"]Hey bro! Sorry to hear about that, be strong and carry on!

I definitely sometimes feel that way. I can't even muster up the courage to talk to any woman at all at the moment and the urges are so strong that I feel like Im going to crack any min. It definitely makes me feel like a weak man but at the same time... You and I are fighting addiction so you can say you are a pretty strong man for fighting something as dominating as that. We are doing alright man. As long as you are a nice human then you shouldn't put yourself down for the situation you're in. Comparing yourself to others is a pretty easy way to fall into a bad depression. You are your own person with your own goals, troubles and backstory.[/QUOTE]

vibemaker and Whalenz like this.
  6. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I know what man child means, dude. And I understand how you feel. I'm sorry if I ever sounded rude or anything. :confused:

Islanders190 likes this.
  7. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

lol naw you didn't I prolly read it wrong as I normally read posts wrong. no worries ☺

8. Hey dude, I get what you're getting at, and maybe that is the case, but what's awesome about life is that you can make changes. 26 is still super young, young enough to go to college, get whatever job you'd like, quit PMO, get married, have kids, whatever. Point is, it's not too late to make some changes if you feel like that's what needs to happen. Just remember change is like turning a battle ship around in a bath tub, it takes time. Figure out what you want out of life and then go chase it!

vibemaker and Islanders190 like this.
  9. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

thanks man I appreciate the reply

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Makavel!

Makavel! Fapstronaut

Yep, definitely feel that sometimes.
    I am not in the same boat as you as I live alone, am married and pretty much take care of my shit. But, it's how you said it, sometimes you start comparing and plus my reboot and I feel out most of the time.
    Don't feel bad, changes will come swiftly but it's up to you.

11. does anyone else not feel like a man but a man child ?

Yes! Every time I have a bowl of Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats.

vibemaker, Mankrik and Don Gately like this.
  12. Don Gately

Don Gately Fapstronaut

HA!
    One step at a time, man. I know how you feel, I'm 31 and moved out for like the 3rd or 4th time late last year. I finally decided I had to make my way. Start looking for ways you can establish yourself. If you really want to test yourself, just move out. "Necessity is the mother of invention," as they say. Part of the reason you don't progress is that you don't need to. Nothing is forcing it. So you're going to have to find out what will move you from the inside to do the right thing.

Keep at it my brother. Working to leave PMO behind will help in a huge way, but you also need to find ways to start taking responsibility for your actions and your life. I think small steps are important. I don't know the specifics of your situation, but some things you could start doing would be to start saving a certain amount from each paycheck toward a car, helping more around the house, doing your own laundry, cooking, setting small goals and achieving them, keeping your room clean, making your bed every morning, etc.

"behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass"

When you make a habit of getting some small things done, you will learn that the bigger things aren't too hard either, if you break them down into pieces. Over time you can build the kind of man's life that you hope for.

The |E|volutionary and pavloo91 like this.
  13. Don't worry, you're not the only one. I'm kind of in the same situation as you. Living with my parents, no car, but no job also. I think that stopping pmo is a step closer to man up. It's not that hard, but it needs you to try.

Nigel19841984 likes this.
  14. MarkedProgress

MarkedProgress Fapstronaut

One of the things that make a man a Man is having a purpose.

The question you need to ask yourself is: do you work on yourself on becoming what you want in life ?

Are you in college ? If so, what are the things that you could do more and better to become better than your colleagues in your field ? Simply put you need to work on yourself.

If you are not in college, what are you doing to get where you want to be? (professionally speaking).

Are you learning all by yourself ? Are you enlisted in some courses that will help you become better and in time make more money ?

One of the traits of being a Man is having a purpose. It doesn't matter if you are poor as long as you have your thoughts focused on your purpose. This is a masculine trait. You have to develop this trait and you won't feel miserable because you'll have a purpose in life. Only a man with no purpose will feel lost. This doesn't mean that you will feel 24h/24h as a Man. No. But in time you will develop yourself a new you, a more mature you.

I suggest you read the following book: As a man thinketh - James Allen. You can find it by googling it and it's free to download. It is ~20 pages long.

Here's one of the quotes that I like from this book:

"Having conceived of his purpose, a man should mentally mark out a straight pathway to its achievement, looking neither to the right nor to the left. Doubts and fears should be rigorously excluded; they are disintegrating elements which break up the straight line of effort, rendering it crooked, ineffectual, useless. Thoughts of doubt and fear never accomplish anything, and never can. They always lead to failure. Purpose, energy, power to do, and all strong thoughts cease when doubt and fear creep in."

goodnice 2.0 and Hello Friend like this.
  15. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

You have no confidence.
    Go read my thread "25 Tips on how to become more confident"

16. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Im graduating high school in like two months and everyone I know is talking about going to live on their own and becoming independent. I am going to still be living at home for the foreseeable future though. I have aspirations of living on my own with my own family eventually but for now I am going to be stuck at home for the next few years. However this is irrelevant to being a man in a lot of ways. You need to get out and have experiences but if you are disciplined and working towards becoming the person you want to be, living at home for awhile is not the end of the world. Just dont accept or settle for a life your not happy with and rely on your own intuition of where you should strive to be realistically. Live at home but use it as an advantage to save up money and invest in your future; thats my plan.

vibemaker and Islanders190 like this.
  17. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

You can only find out who you want to be if you DO live alone. Trust me.

Move out.

vibemaker and Mankrik like this.
  18. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I was going to refute this, but I think you may be completely right. I have never lived on my own before, but it would likely be an enlightening experience. It may be difficult to find one's self with reliance on others. I am in a situation where It makes more sense for me to live at home. However I am working towards buying my own house as soon as I can.

19. Nigel19841984

Nigel19841984 Fapstronaut

Did Paige's sex tape ruin your NoFap? Me too, I felt pathetic and ashamed after and did feel like a man child. But i'm 4 days into re-booting and feel a bit more like a man. Plus there's nothing wrong with trying to find your way in the world so try not to be too hard on yourself. You're 26 not 80, you've still got a lot of living to do. :)

Islanders190 likes this.
  20. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

How many days into nofap are you in? I've read logs about people who've turned their life around with nofap.