1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Serotonin Fever

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Whackless, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

People tend to focus on just dopamine when discussing PMO in relation to a neurotransmitter. The reality is PMO releases alot more than just dopamine.

I think one of the reasons people experience depression the longer they are stuck in a cycle of PMO is due to serotonin depletion. I can only imagine the more you PMO, the more starved your body is for this happy molecule.

This thread is solely dedicated to serotonin and activities that boost it. It's not a reboot thread, it's not a solution thread, it's just a tribute to the happy molecule and bringing more smiles into our lives naturally.

Please keep all synthetic methods of boosting serotonin OUT OF THIS THREAD.

Thanks!

vxlccm, The |E|volutionary and MeTP like this.
  2. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

3. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

Boost-Serotonin.jpg

One reason I started this tribute thread is due to trying to hone in on the ideal running distance and speed to release a juicy amount of 'tonin. Also running too much isn't healthy it turns out and is a cause of premature death. Distance running does this, a certain pace and distance is actually deadly in the long run, sprints won't kill you though. No I did not intend that pun.

vxlccm and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

Please share your own experiences and ideas. So long as they are holistic.

I may also document my efforts to improve my overall well being by focusing on this neurotransmitter in particular for a period of time. Yes, yes I will, not might, document my efforts and revelations in this thread as I share current research too.

Today I ate steel cut oats for breakfast and had some wicked dark cacao, Wicked was the name of it actually. 95%, just raw cacao in bar form.

This is probably why I feel calm and somewhat content right now. My serotonin levels should be null most likely but I have a sweet little smile on my face for no good reason. I am going to catch a massive rush of 'tonin tonight on a nearby track. 3 miles with some uplifting music. Will report on my mood around 8pm or so EST.

5. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

My brain is fried. My brain is fried. But it can heal.

6. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

I rather not describe the mood.

The feeling is better described as the run was critically necessary and utterly medicinal. Had I not gone, my brain activity would have slumped and my mood levels dropped until tomorrow morning.

This running must continue, daily. Yes, daily. 3 miles at the very least while I sift through the most recent research honing in on that distance sweet spot. I will attempt sprints 1 day a week too.

I feel like I have fallen into a neurogenic state. My head needs all the serotonin it can get right now. When one feels better, one can be of more use to the world. PMO is the ultimate life killer. I feel displaced in this world. I desperately must get away from this dreadful bullshit. The industry just needs to fucking burn. I mean it's great to quit and move on, but even when we do, the industry is still ravaging millions of souls each year.

Awakeatlast, Fourtyeight and Psycho96 like this.
  7. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

Serotonin does not cross the blood brain barrier. As such, serotonin in the brain and body are remarkably different, with little in common.

Serotonin in the brain needs to be synthesised in the brain from amino acids. Serotonin in the body can simply use Serotonin found in food.

8. Serotonin Lowers Dopamine
    Serotonin increases cortisol
    Serotonin Increases Prolactin
    Serotonin increases Estrogen

look up Ray Peat's diet
    I can't put any links or images but Google
    "Ray peat Serotonin"

9. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

I'm quitting this thread.

I've come to the conclusion that focusing on brain chemicals offers me nothing.

Mind over matter. Health matters. Neuroscience unfortunately cannot aid me. The plan is still to run daily and find that sweet spot (researchers are honing LOL I think it's homing...in on that deadly distance/speed). I also cycle everywhere SO EVEN THOUGH MY BRAIN MELTED AND I AM A BREATH AWAY FROM HAVING A DEADLY STROKE (don't ask how I know) NEUROGENESIS IS BOUND TO HAPPEN WITH A HEFTY AMOUNT OF 'TONIN PRODUCTION INVOLVED. Why must I destroy to only rebuild is the real concern here.

I'll think of this thread after my run today but I'll never post in it again.

10. I' m confused..

tiredofbeingtired likes this.