1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 33 - First big milestone passed

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MyFuture, Apr 9, 2017.

1. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

So I started browsing this website and the subreddit since I started my latest (and hopefully final) recovery attempt. Since I have now passed the 30 day mark I thought I would write my first post about my experience so far in the hope that I can continue to help myself as well as helping other people.

Background

I am a 26 year old male that has been PMO’ing for roughly 12-14 years. From when I first started, my need for PMO increased to the point where some days I would PMO 5 or 6 times a day. I have never been the best around women and struggled to attract them mainly due to being shy and anxious around them. The lack of interest from women would then lead me to PMO.

I have been trying to get over this addiction for about 2-3 years now. The best streak I have ever had has been 56 days. Other than that it has been streaks ranging from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. I started trying to get over my addiction during my last relationship (which was my first proper relationship) where I realised that I suffered from PIED. Looking back I feel really bad because my now ex-girlfriend would get upset because she thought the fact that I couldn’t get an erection at times was because of her like she wasn’t attractive enough. At first I thought that there was something wrong with me physically (I even went to the doctors) until one day I randomly stumbled upon something that explained the effects of P and M. I then realised that this is what was affecting me but I never plucked up the courage to tell her and tried to fight it alone.

Progress so far

As I have previously mentioned, I have tried getting over this addiction many times before but this time it feels different. I just feel that this could be the time when I finally beat it and get to a point where I fully reboot. I now feel better equipped than ever to fight this because every time I have relapsed I have made a change that will prevent me from relapsing again. I have identified my weak moments and taken steps to stop myself from being in those situations. I have goals such as being PMO free up and until I move out from my parents’ house and into my own house in June. I’m hoping this will then help me to not PM when I live on my own.

I have been in flatline since Day 1 which for me has meant that things have been fairly easy so far as I have had no urges to PMO. I know a lot of people get scared by the flatline but I have tried to embrace it. I have had sexual thoughts come into my mind which has led to me getting an erection but they have mainly been when I have gone to bed on a night after playing sports and I have quickly got rid of the thoughts.

I also haven’t noticed many of the benefits yet that people say they have noticed. Some days I am confident, other days not so much. I have had some slight interest from women which I am hoping will continue. I have had no wet dreams or morning wood yet either.
    I believe this is because I have been getting through the initial PMO withdrawal symptoms. I have had mood swings and some days felt lethargic with little energy. I also experienced some anxiety which has now pretty much gone.

I think I have covered everything and I hope to post further progress in the future.

Keep fighting, we will all succeed in the end!

2. Sans_Fear

Sans_Fear Fapstronaut

Be patient but persevere.

3. JonathanP

JonathanP Fapstronaut

Keep working hard and know that the goal will be worth the effort! Your post sounded similar to my story so I am encouraged by your great progress toward being PMO free! Ill be a few weeks behind you cheering you on to the future

4. NoEdgingForever

NoEdgingForever Fapstronaut

To get real benifits you have to wait, be strong !

I Free I and Deleted Account like this.
  5. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing, MyFuture. Your story is precious, here, and I'm grateful to be learning from you. I can relate to feeling unattractive around women due to anxiety at various times. And I'm curious whether you've studied pickup or dating advice. Some of the instructors seem unethical, cheap in their tactics, and some may be charlatans, but I find there are many really inspiring ones who very convincingly went from shy social lepers to men of dignity, humor and charisma who women adore. You are an inspiration and I know you can make your future golden, wonderful, heroic, a beautiful example for those of us hoping for something much better.

6. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do, just a bit difficult at times when you're as impatient as I am haha

7. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

Thank you, I'll be those few weeks in front cheering you onto your future as well.

8. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

I know, I keep reading the success stories from those that are further along in their recovery and I'm hoping I can get there too

NoEdgingForever likes this.
  9. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kind words. I've not studied any pickup or dating advice, I'm just hoping that by continuing my recovery I can become more confident and just be myself around women.

TheFutureMe and PotentLife like this.
  10. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Keep busy,keep focus, & keep faith .
    Anything Is Possible .

11. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

Fantastic advice, thank you!

I Free I likes this.
  12. Delighted to read another inspiring story. This is the forum that I check the most and every story here gives me a great boost and new heart.

13. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

I agree. Every story on here provides hope that things can get better. That's why I wanted to write one myself and will hopefully write more in the future as well. Keep going, we will beat this!

14. Sans_Fear

Sans_Fear Fapstronaut

I have stopped counting the days obsessively.

15. DarkKnightFights

DarkKnightFights Fapstronaut

Man I've been P free for around 3 months. For the first 2 months I didn't fap completely until one night I was with a very hot chick and she suffered alot that I was very brutal with her. That was amazing but I did realized that I need to fap a few hours before being with a girl

16. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

I'm just trying to think about the 'big milestones' instead of counting each day.

Sans_Fear and R.I.I.P.E.R like this.
  17. R.I.I.P.E.R

R.I.I.P.E.R Fapstronaut

seeing you all fighting and struggling very hard against the new drug..It gives me strength to overcome my addiction..anyway guys be brave and keep fighting because "addiction" never thinks who you are,who are your friends,about your future,or about your dreams and aspirations...It just wants you and get satisfied..but which never gets....so after reading this I know what you would be thinking you will not get addicted..yes that is what it is and that is what it takes....#break the Chains and continue your new grip on life......#R.I.I.P.E.R:cool::D:emoji_muscle:

Present Kid likes this.
  18. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

Stay strong and keep fighting. We're all with you!

R.I.I.P.E.R likes this.
  19. TheFutureMe

TheFutureMe Fapstronaut

Hey MyFuture (I see you've taken the same approach I did while selecting your Nickname :p), this is a great step and I join my voice to other Fapstronauts' to encourage you to keep going. You're on the right path, you've observed, chose your side, and taken action. That's all good stuff and very necessary on the journey we're attempting. You seem to say it's been easy so far, then maybe you were very well prepared, maybe there's still unknown traps lurking somewhere in your path - In any case, stay vigilant and I ever you trip and fall, remember that the last time you probably didn't get that far, so now you know there's something to be aware of at this point. And get up, recover your strength and morale, and start again. You're not beaten until you stop getting up from the ground. :)

Speaking of being around women : If my own experience is something you can hear, I went from the exact situation you're describing around women for 25+ years (I'm 35) while PMOing, to somewhere now (after about a year of NoFap streaks and resets) where I can definitely be myself and have plenty nice and interesting and rewarding connections with amazing women. At first it feels odd, and I'm only getting though this particular zone, where it starts feeling great and "how it's supposed to be".

All the best

20. MyFuture

MyFuture Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for the advice, it means a lot. Haha yeah I wanted a nickname to be a reminder for me of why I'm here and doing this. Despite things being easy so far, I know I have to keep my guard up and keep fighting every day exactly the same.

TheFutureMe likes this.