1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap = Better skin?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FormerFapaholic, Apr 19, 2017.

1. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

Since abstaining from PMO for the past few weeks - if you exclude one or two relapses in that period. I have noticed that my skin and complexion has improved, andthe acne on my face has cleared up a fair bit as there's not as many bumps or pimples.

But whenever I've had the odd relapse, my acne tends to flare up again. This itself is another incentive for me to continue with NoFap.

Has anyone else experienced this when doing NoFap?

2. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

..My skin doesnt get better

3. FormerFapaholic

Does it make your skin worse?

4. I felt like my skin was brighter and clear but this is probably due having more self-confidence. Nofap very likely does not affect skin.

My skin did become better and all my pimples were gone but that was probably because I was exercising more and taking care of myself better now that I was off the P train.

5. FormerFapaholic

Having more self confidence can mean not being stressed as well. Acne can be affected if stress levels are sky high.

lianm likes this.
  6. I have had it go both ways, relapse and skin is fine, don't relapse and can have huge breakouts. I feel like it varies, but if there is any link it might be from stress you experience from relapses, as you previously mentioned.
    Your skin could also be better because you are doing things like: eating healthier, exercising more, cold showers, washing your face more, going out more, getting more sun.
    I don't think there are many actual causative links between abstaining from PMO and other things, they are usually from the activities and self improvement that come along with doing Nofap.
    Taking the effort to actually wash your face, moisturise, and use sunscreen(very important) will do way more for your skin than abstaining from PMO will :)

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  7. It does 100% impact skin health. I breakout when I ejaculate, without fail. However cutting sugar refined carbs, dairy and gluten from your diet is the number one way to combat acne

8. FormerFapaholic

Yeah, staying hydrated as well by drinking plenty of water too.

9. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

For me, NoFap + meditation + exercise have improved everything. Better skin complexion, thicker and shinier hair, brighter eyes, firm muscles, stronger and deeper voice.

By the way, I'm recording my voice every few days and I'm going to post them, if someone's interested.

10. Correlation does not imply causation.

11. FormerFapaholic

A number of positive correlations come in place when doing NoFap.

12. Nothing wrong with that, just saying. Don't do nofap for the benefits, do it because you want to become your ideal self.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  13. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I've noticed a glow in my face for the past couple of months now but to be honest, I really believe NoFap has little to do with it ... I believe it's a mixture of all things like eating healthy,exercising,getting enough sleep,meditation,cold showers,more confidence,being happier,etc.etc. However, NoFap (at least for me) does have a connection with most of the things I stated too :emoji_thinking: ... Just some food for thought .

14. Makes a big difference for me too. Lost huge back acne after about 80 days of Hard Mode. Probably was caused by hormone imbalances due to too much fapping. I do notice now when I fap a few pimples develop. When I don't fap they usually don't. So for sure it's nofap that helped. I did not change anything in my diet and exercise so that's really the only factor for me.

lula078 and legendsneverdie like this.
  15. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

It's really amazing, isn't it? When I got sick a few years ago I got really pale skin. Now that I'm recovering and doing NoFap, sometimes I see that "glow" that makes you look alive and attractive. I have a long way to go, but I'm in the right way :)

16. RK WILLIAMS 1024

RK WILLIAMS 1024 New Fapstronaut

After how many weeks or days you notice this better skin thing

Changeforsure likes this.
  17. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Absolutely!
    My skin became feeling better, when I do nofap! When I fapped my skin felt rough and abused. But since I breaked this habit I feel the difference of my skin after a week.

18. im the best

im the best Fapstronaut

Yes ....thats true i was off P and M it helped me getting good skin but i was not doing exercise or taking care of myself ..i just let the days go and as my self confidence got better the skin also got clear..

19. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Abstaining from PMO completely (hard-mode) have helped improved the health of my skin (especially the facial one) a fair amount. Although, I don't know how much of that can be attributed to NoFap itself or other factors such as decreased stress-levels and an improved diet.
    Before my NoFap-journey began, my skin used to look more puffy, pimply and paler (especially during the winter) for sure. Today, it looks young, smooth and somewhat tanned all year round, not only during the summer (and early autumn) months. It really gets another kind of glow as those essential minerals start to recirculate throughout your body again.

NICEDUDE and FormerFapaholic like this.
  20. Jack7654

Jack7654 New Fapstronaut

Please yes I am interested