1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***"Just Do Something" Challenge***

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Unjustfailure, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    The Challenge:
    Everyday for a month

Do one of the activities posted here and then tell us about it and post another 2 simple and easy tasks/activities for someone else to do.

(( It doesn't have to be something practical or meaningful just something RANDOM to get you moving and off the couch ))

Purpose of the challenge

The point of all this is to do something different that we wouldn't normally do in order to get us out of or comfort zone.

I realized during my effort to express my problem here that most of my relapses happen when I am alone and be detouched by the outer world.
    Meaning I'm enclosed into my comfort zone and there's nothing to actually provoke/challenge/"remind" me about there's are still life out there.
    The moment I get lost on my own thoughts, I relapse.
    So after a while even if we know what's wrong.. the primitive hunter inside us is way to weakened to follow it's instinct.
    Of course it's just as simple as physically getting out of the house but it's the mental part that we have to awake/rewire so we can actually do this.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    I Free I likes this.
  2. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

So I'll start...
    What I did today:
    I did 20 push ups

And the 2 activities I recommend are:
    -flip a coin 10 times and post here the results
    -go somewhere you haven't been before for a coffee or a drink

3. GoAway

GoAway Fapstronaut

I flipped the coin, result; 6 heads and 4 tails. And I also went to a new coffee place today because I'm traveling around south east asia at the moment, more precisely Vietnam. Right now I am in Hanoi and they are known for there egg coffee, but unfortunately I'm allergic to egg so I only got a normal Vietnamese coffee. I normally don't drink coffee, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was good.

Two activities to do:
    1. Draw a painting of what you see out of your window right now
    2. Try memorizing the first 10 or 20 digits of pi. I personally have memorized 100 digits, just to train my brain and proof to myself that I could do it.

WO2033 likes this.
  4. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

Dang... the man said "simple!" All the suggestions thus far, except push ups and coin flips, are ridiculously time consuming and not simple.

5. GoAway

GoAway Fapstronaut

I don't think drawing a picture or trying to remember a couple of digits of pi is very time consuming. Both can be done in under 5-10 minutes.

6. WO2033

WO2033 Fapstronaut

You're right. I was actually referring to running a 10k or reading 400 pages. I would, however, suggested taking a walk around your neighborhood, or old stomping ground, to see how things may have changed with either the season or with your last memory of it.

tiredofbeingtired likes this.