1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

TV addiction come here

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by r8js, May 5, 2017.

1. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

TV is also useful if you pay attention carefully. OR TV should be useful for us ,

we are in 21st century . Our human brain is more developed and we developed this TV technology . So how can we overcome our own developed TV monster ?

I think, Here , most of us started this PMO in past , big reason was TV .

Now days, i trying something to get off my TV watching habits . sometimes it works and sometimes it won't but still i think , we can share some thing like this .

I think , like TV viewer have TV watching pattern . TV time table , TV programm , TV ads also have pattern to stick us to TV . I think , We need to understand their pattern . on TV we either watch movies, serials or documentary , but while watching movies

1. I started watching TV completely on mute or just turn up volume like i can listen TV murmuring .
    It helps while watching serials , documentary or movies .
    but ads in between serials or movies is really annoying and not lets us complete this whole step cycle.

Guys if you are agree with this , please reply . Based on your replies i will keep updating this discussion . Hope , soon , we will have good ways to use this screens monsters .

ThePeakWae likes this.
  2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Not sure what you're trying to say but TV is great. The shows of today are far superior to what we had back in the 90s.

meanbean70 and HopefulChristian like this.
  3. TV is great! Every year had something good, then reality TV came took over *rolls eyes*

4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Jersey shore, lol

vxlccm likes this.
  5. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Good to see you all enjoying TV .

but i started PMO because of TV . Unfortunately , i cannot stay away from TV more 3-4 days. I used to watch TV more than 3-8hours. When i was child, parents used to watch TV . but unfortunately, i picked up this bad habit at very early age . at very early age i observed , TV was primary source of information for my parents and others also. I think, that is kind of problem for me.

@Poseidon and Hopefulchristian
    Nice to see your replies , keep replying . because , PMO and internet is dealiest combition for some us here. similarly , PMO and TV / internet is dealist combition for me .

I agree , today's TV programm is far more better than 90's
    I agree , Every year TV shows interesting events happing around world , ex. in every four year, we have Olympic , after that football world cup, cricket world cup, different leagues, infotainment channels

6. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

I'm a big fan of TV drama's:

Game of Thrones
    Suits
    Sherlock
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    Luther

TV is cool!!!

7. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

8. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Thats good to know people are enjoying TV .

but Game of Thrones , there are lots of hot scene in it ......right are not they provoking ?

Suites TV series started in 2011 ...... now it is 2017 ..............r u watching suites for last 6 years ? really ? is that possible ? from season 1 to season 6 till date .
    It happens ,people are so absorbed by TV serials that they are watching it for years and years . isnot it annoying fact ?

I searched sherlock on google . and came to know that it is fictional character developed in eary 19's or late 18's.
    search sherlock books on google. and I am sure , nobody is interested in reading his books .....why ?
    I m saying it , because reading is good habit . i think, someone will definitely appreciate reading books over watching drama's right ?

Recently, i watched fault in our star movie. i came to know that there is also book of it .instead of watching movie second time, i think i should read it instead of watching movie because 1.reading is good habit . 2. i haven't read drama books till now in my life. because dramatic TV was their.

9. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Let me know HOW you compare youtube videos and TV ?

Because , i observed , youtube channel owner's really work hard to put good things on channel .

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  10. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

Good point, best not to watch : / Pre nofap days I guess.

I want to watch Jessica Jones, which is Marvel but it looks too sexy. I will watch in 2 or 3 years time. When I watch, I will skips most scenes.

Sometimes when you watch a movie, you don't know there is a sex scene. As soon as I notice them I skip that scene. I will skip kissing, Romantic hugging, deep eye contact, sex obviously, sex sounds or anything that looks sexy. It scares me when these scenes come up.

Why look at these things if you can do them in real life instead.

If these scenes come up in the cinema, I will cover my eyes and ears. I will run out of the cinema.

I must protect myself of all these evil images.

11. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

12. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Love TV!!! I worked on several TV episodes this last year.

13. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Sherlock is one of the greatest TV shows ever. Sherock Holmes written by Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle is one of my favorite characters of all time. Love Sherlock and the writer, Steven Moffat (He is a genius).

14. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

@meanbean70...........nice u replied to my posts.

you worked in TV serials........really? that must be interesting . i will definitely ask you something.

15. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Yup. Im a screenwriter. I havent written any TV episodes yet that have been made, but i have worked on crews for them. What were you going to ask me?

16. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Hello,
    @meanbean,
    I appreciate people working behind the screen always . but like people also say , TV is ediotbox . Unfortunately , this ediotbox caused REALLY BIG PROBLEM i ever imagined. like PMO , less social person. etc

ur screenwriter , nice . ur must have read tonnes of tonnes of books to write scene . or u just watch unwatched video ? is that true?

how do u gets imagination to write scene for drama ?
    Do you always think logically while writing scene for drama ? or is it 50% imagination and 50 % reality ? because logic is 100% reality .

17. Hmm..I really dont enjoy TV anymore. There be weeks since I havent watched anything..And I mean it! There are only a few good channels out there, and the rest are only good triggers to PMO ( all kinds of sexy girls, half nude , etc)
    I instead spend some time on PC , doing all kinds of digital arts. Its where I work too..

Deleted Account and r8js like this.
  18. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

MUCH APPRECIATED .

yes , i also wanted to say , TV is nothing but tones of tones of triggers to PMO . i also wanted to break this bad TV watching and triggering cycle .

U spend time on PC . nice . but unfotunately , TV caused me to see PC as entertaining device . And I always feel / know that PC is not entertaining device . It is vastly more than that. So , i started watching infotaiment videos on youtube and PC.............

but i will be hoping , to get rid of this bad TV watching habit , bad TV created brain fog and mainly PMO.

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. wkrora

wkrora Guest

Go sell your TV. You don't have to keep your TV. TV is no need for people. I don't have my own TV since 7years ago and also I almost didn't watch TV except special case. You can watch news on yahoo or news website, its much better. But avoid addict to Youtube instead of TV.

20. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

The difference between TV and Youtube is ads, i think. My friend is also addicted to watching TV, i mean watching TV mindlessly, he just kept watching until he passed out. Not saying TV is bad, but watching the entire Breaking Bad series in a day is not a good idea and really bad for your health