1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a friend with benefits?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Runtilmylegsdropoff, May 6, 2017.

1. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Just wanted to see if anyone is in a similar situation?

2. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

I currently have two. Seriously.

3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I feel like it is not a fulfilling situation for me. Don't get me wrong, the sex and orgasm feel great, but in the end, I am not fulfilled. Being sexually satiated and being fulfilled for me are not one and the same.

Bel likes this.
  4. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I'm female and these never end well. The woman always gets attached and wants more and things get very complicated. As far as NoFap IMO it's counter productive. It is better to try to develop a true intimacy with someone you care about. If you are a PMO addict you usually end up just replacing that with a FWB.

5. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

That's when you get a new fuckbuddy and so on until you're a sex addict.

6. Runtilmylegsdropoff

The part I don't like is that after climaxing after sex I don't want to stick around long.

7. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

Wow really? Do you not like the girl you're sleeping with? I gotta admit even though most of the time I do end up with brainless bimbos I must at least have some sort of connection that isn't just sexual. So the whole "breakfast-the-day-after" isn't too awkward.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
    Bel likes this.
  8. Faptain_Harris

Faptain_Harris Fapstronaut

I don't have one myself. I at least want to go through day 30 with the healing/rebooting process to see how much better I feel.

However, I don't see anything wrong with it. I think a FWB is healthier than PMO because at least you're engaging in sexual activity the way you're designed instead of ruining your dopamine receptors with girls on a computer screen.

Bel likes this.
  9. John84

John84 Fapstronaut

Maybe because there not being honest. They like the guy and throw free sex at them hoping to turn it into a relationship? I wonder if this is the female version of the friendzone that men experience. Men throw friendship at women, being a good reliable friend, like a good boyfriend but without the sex or intimacy hoping to turn into a relationship. But they also get attached and burned.

Its only when sex and commitment come together in mutual agreement that a relationship is had. Else its just a one way highway, where one gender is giving up their bargaining chip and the other isn't.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    clydevulcan and Bel like this.
  10. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I like your comparison. I follow this relationship blogger who has a satin "men look for sex and find love and women look for love and find sex." I do think the woman is being dishonest with herself she really thinks she can have no strings attached sex but she cant.

Bel and John84 like this.
  11. BeautyForAshes

BeautyForAshes Fapstronaut

You make either think i'm lying, gloating or whatever, but I potentially have my entire hometown. I have little game, but an amazing face and body. But, I have limited sex. I'm terrified of diseases and love myself to much. A woman has to deserve me. I don't care how good she looks. I love intelligence and ambitious people. But, I also love big butts. A guilty pleasure. There has to be more to a girl than her looks and arse. I do make exceptions from time to time.

12. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I'm female. It's been years since I've had one, but that was an ex boyfriend who I remained good friends with (entirely non-romantic!) and we'd hook up once in while when the mood struck. Other than that, I quickly realized sex with someone I'm not romantically interested in, isn't really something I bother with. It feels empty and pointless to me.

GG2002 and Bel like this.
  13. Bel

Bel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Lol you would have been my dream bf back in the day !

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Oh, so you don't like the needy type guys huh? lol

15. Bel

Bel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Haha not really but my choices were not all superbly stellar ones either. Waking up in the am convincing yourself it was a bad dream sometimes works good too

16. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Wow. You sound like a real party animal.

17. Bel

Bel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hell no, the opposite....I worked or was around guys all the time... Male dominated profession.....not many chicks around so the one ok looking one got more than her fair share of attention and threw some caution stupidly to the wind....a lot. Well crap not A LOT but you know what I mean :D

18. Skywalker.89

Skywalker.89 Fapstronaut

yup. agreed. you can't have your cake and eat it too. fwb can't be sustained for the very reason you stated that women get attached. it's pretty neglectful of a guy to even try as he is just using her for sex and leading her on. women think they can get love through sex.

Bel likes this.
  19. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I think I'll be calling off fwb relationships from now on because it's not fulfilling to me. If it isn't fulfilling, I just don't see the point of it.

20. aingdk11

aingdk11 Fapstronaut

Not right now but used to have many fwb due tinder date.what i said is it is the best you more connection with the partner and it take times.rather focusin on sex it makes it doesnt have value and meaninh accualy based on my experieced