1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally made it 90 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, May 9, 2017.

1. I had my 25th birthday yesterday and made it 90 days. Finally. My first attempt to quit was back in 2012. Good stuff started to happen when I managed some decent streaks. What made me finally quit was the realization that a life with PMO is not a life worth living. Maybe not the best mantra in the world but it worked for me. I feel like I still have a long way to go. I do not consider myself addicted to PMO anymore but all my problems did not magically disappear. I do still have major depression, OCD, PTSD and possibly scizoaffective disorder. For me, it all boils down to this: Life is incredibly short. Death is eternal. Work trough your shit. Everything will feel totally hopeless at times. You may even feel suicidal. The emotions however will eventually pass. It is possible to have a good life no matter how much shit you have to go trough on your way. Never forget that.

2. Congratulations to 91 days. GREAT!

Life is very, very short. And death - to me does not exist at all. Some day I will leave my body and the journey goes on. Engery always remains energy. It's not a religious belief but I have a strong inner feeling that my presence on planet earth is a tiny part of a long journey and a long learning process. I know there is a power I like to call "true love" and it's waiting for me. It also resides in my heart. And there is always hope. ALWAYS. I was familiar to suicidal thoughts for many years, I know the hell of depression, later helped as a volunteer in a suicide forum those people who needed help. There is always hope, this life can be very, very worth living. In this moment I almost can't believe to write what I have written so often in the last years: I am full of appreciation and gratitude for being alive. There is nothing to forget: This IS my life.

LionHart and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  3. It would have been really nice if what you say here turns out to be true. To me the concept of consciousness is impossible to wrap my head around. I have had several out of body experiences during deep depression or meditation. Sometimes I believe that I am God. But then again, everything might just be a big illusion. The worst thing that can happen is that everything turns black after death. That is not too bad in my opinion. You wont even be around to worry, so why worry? It is time to start living. It will soon be too late.

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  4. @Nofapsincebirth - you are one of the people I respect the most in this community - you are an incredible inspiration man!

Many of us are in turmoil because of one or two mental health issues. You have probably four! o_O Despite past and current trauma, you have recognised that, a life with PMO is not a life worth living! That is soooo true my friend. Yet, in your self-deprecating style you add, "Maybe not the best mantra in the world but it worked for me." Well I, for one, think it is a bloody good mantra and I am going to take a leaf out of your book and adopt it. I am going to say this to myself every time I feel tempted to PMO. I am also going to think of you and the inspiration you've given me. Thank you so much buddy. :cool:

5. IamRick

IamRick Fapstronaut

Very powerful quote man, thanks for being an inspiration to the rest of us.

6. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Keep going to continue to break away that brain fog from the pmo. I think I have a very small amount of it left, which is why I want to go for a long streak of a year and maybe longer.

7. PieLover

PieLover Fapstronaut

Congrats mate.
    These are really good advice. Keep up the great work!
    And happy birthday :)

8. Nice stuff man. Im on my way too! Excited for it.

9. I am happy for you especially with all the mental disorders you have had to endure. I applaud you and I hope that this is the continuation of a life free of PMO.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  10. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

90+ after trying since 2012?! FA-BU-LO-SO, amigo !!! And such a great attitude, too!!! Very inspiring!!!

11. Reclaimer

Reclaimer Fapstronaut

Good job man. Very inspirational ending. As someone who struggles with mental health, I can relate to the shit you're in.

I try to see it this way: the harder it gets the sweeter the peaches. To glory!

12. Reclaimer

Reclaimer Fapstronaut

Oh man i just can feel the tension in my genitals right now

sandy28 and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  13. m.coming.back

m.coming.back Fapstronaut

Congratulations, that was awesome

14. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

Congrats on 90 days!

True, there is more beyond 90. The longer you move forward the more your brain heals.

You're working through other challenges with a clearer foundation.

Keep it up.

GOD'S PEACE!!!

15. Irish Explorer

Irish Explorer Fapstronaut

Let that shit go. You're feeling that way because your body is communicating how it's feeling to you. Respond back to it by flooding it with feelings of love and thanking it for being your emotional guidance system. Nofap should be easy and downstream, not a tense struggle.

Reclaimer and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  16. Mr.No

Mr.No Fapstronaut

Man you are amazing. Doing nofap when you are overwhelmed by those diseases. I will pray to god for the healing of you.

17. After surpassing 90 days I unsuspectedly got some thoughts about relapsing. I had tried to reach the magic land of 90 days like it was the Holy Grail. When I finally reached it I started thinking "Now what?". I was faced with two different choices. I choose the one which says Nofap for life! This is vastly different from 90 days and I honestly dont know if I will make it. I just decided to not make myself any new Nofap goal and just move on with the rest of my life. I just started a 90-day Nosugar reboot. Lets see how it goes.

18. Mr.No

Mr.No Fapstronaut

Good choice. you dont need this shit. we dont ned this this shit. you are an inspiration for me.
    How are you ?

19. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

After the first 90, I set my sights on 180. It helped me achieve a goal and kept me accountable. If I don't have a clear focus, I could lose focus and end up where I don't truly want to be.

GOD'S PEACE!!!

LivinginRecovery likes this.