1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls in college

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Rimen85, May 23, 2017.

1. Rimen85

Rimen85 Fapstronaut

Whatsup everyone,

I am in the beginning stages of my reboot and am about to turn 20 in college. There are plenty of opportunities for me to meet new girls, but I am afraid that if things go well they are going to expect sex sooner than me and I won't be able to perform.

With that being said, should I wait until I am deeper in my reboot to start looking for someone or should I just jump right in and, if the time comes, give some sort of explanation why I want to wait?

2. IceRoots

IceRoots Fapstronaut

Hey,
    I had days when I masturbated 2 times a day for almost a week. After that I could not get a good erection anymore.
    But even after one day of abstinence my erection got much better. Speaking of that I can tell that problems should have scaled down since you are at day nine already.

If your fear is caused by the thought of ejaculating early, then I can tell you that there are condomes for that and that women are propably ok with a secound round.

Rimen85 likes this.
  3. Rimen85

Rimen85 Fapstronaut

Do you think it is a good idea for me to jump in to trying this early in the reboot though?

4. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

That's up to you. You're nine days in. What's your previous experience with No-PMO? If you want to start looking for a partner then you can go ahead if you mentally feel ready enough. If not just wait it out until you feel most comfortable with yourself before you start looking for someone else.

Rimen85 likes this.
  5. IceRoots

IceRoots Fapstronaut

To give the "right" answer there you should give some background story about your PMO behavior.
    But: Lets ask ourself, why we are doing this NoFap-thing. Most of us do it because fapping ruins our rewarding-system, makes us lazy and takes much time.
    In order to fix our rewarding-system we have to just stop giving us these cheap rewards (PM and than O). So, if you have sex with a girl than there propably was a challenge for you beforehand and the reward is hard earned. From that perspective, I think it is totally ok.

IF you are concerned of your erection or other problems that you might have, than you should wait longer to let the recoveryprocess start working.

I hope I could help you in your decision-making :)

Bel and Rimen85 like this.
  6. Rimen85

Rimen85 Fapstronaut

My PMO behavior has never been out of control to be honest. I haven't PMOed more than once a day since I was 16, however over time I've noticed an increased difficulty in my ability to get erections when I'm with a girl (sadly because of this I am still a virgin). This could just be performance anxiety, but to be honest I feel like it has more to do with my low libido. With that being said, should I wait until my libido comes back? Will it come back?

7. IceRoots

IceRoots Fapstronaut

It will. Dont worry there!
    In your case I would wait longer because your recovery-process isnt over yet.
    I had similar problems and after two weeks into NoFap I got an erection from just kissing my Gf.
    But there is no problem in keeping in touch with potential partners. That will possibly increase your libido.
    Just wait with the final until you feel ready.

Rimen85 likes this.
  8. If you will feel a bond with a girl you like, trust me! There won't be anything to fear! Continue to improve your skills by getting free from addiction and opportunities will come!
    Actually opportunities are coming all the time but we need clear head to notice the right one.

Rimen85 likes this.