1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about cold showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous24, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Anonymous24

Anonymous24 Fapstronaut

Im interested in trying this as I originally dismissed the idea entirely, just had a cold shower but my question is

How cold is cold ?

My shower has dual heating, single heating and no heating as well as ten levels in each of that I normally shower on 5 and a half dual heating and started at 3 today reducing it to one by the time I had finished and that wasn't freezing but was like slightly below room temperature

Is this what is meant by cold shower or does it mean lower as in near freezing

Thanks for the help

2. Tonii6

Tonii6 Fapstronaut

I think it depends on what you consider cold. my brother can swim in icy water yet when i get into a slightly cold shower i shiver. Depends on what your using it for.

Anonymous24 likes this.
  3. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

I would say cold is as cold you got. I've been doing this for about a week now and I have to say that it doesnt really seem to get any easier, but I enjoy the feeling afterward.

Anonymous24 likes this.
  4. It's a comfort level thing. Make it so cold that you want out of it, fast. You'll know if it's too cold for you. For most on this board, they take cold showers so that they won't masturbate while showering. So, cold enough that you are not comfortable enough to just stand there and fap away.

Anonymous24 likes this.
  5. hollyman

hollyman Fapstronaut

One more question guys

Ive been using a warm shower everyday

but i try to do cold shower,

But after 3-7 days of cold shower i will always have a fatigue like flu, cough etc

Should i continue when that fatigue come? Or should i used warm water until i compleatly healed, and do cold shower again????

Anonymous24 likes this.
  6. Cold means no added warm water. So how cold is the water? Depends on the region where you live. In Germany we have summertime. Warm shower to me is about 38 degrees Celsius. "Cold" water which now comes out of the water pipe has 20 degrees Celsius (couldn't believe, but just used a thermometer to find out and let the water run for 5 minutes). 20 degrees Celsius is about 68 degrees Fahrenheit. In wintertime the cold water is much colder, almost icy. Nevertheless the first time I tried cold shower was terrible. Made it for 30 seconds and felt like dying. Now I do it for 2-3 minutes daily and I enjoy it very much, the first 30 seconds are still the most uncomfortable. I like the refreshment of cold shower. No idea if it helps to resist urges, just gives me a good feeling of my body.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
    Anonymous24 likes this.
  7. I've been taking cold showers for nearly two months, it gets a lot easier. I start with a warm shower. Once I turn it as cold as it goes, it's uncomfortable for the first little bit, then gets easy.