1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The positive side of Athiesm

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Most people in Japan and Asia are Athiest and the crime rate is low.

Most people who commit violent crimes associate themselves with a God.

If you are a Christian, Jew or Muslim you should be a little embarrassed.

2. I'm not going to be embarassed just because someone perverts the Bible and uses it to justify evil acts. There are extremists in every group, the actions of a few, don't classify the entire group.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  3. How do you know this?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. JamesRK

JamesRK Guest

Most people who commit crimes have a job.
    If you are employed, you should really be embarrassed.

Most people who commit crimes have two legs.
    If you're a biped, you should really be embarrassed.

Extremists exist, but correlation does not equal causation, and the actions of the worst members of a group doesn't represent the group as a whole. This is coming from someone who is agnostic.

Spiff, adept, Deleted Account and 4 others like this.
  5. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

You need to embrace me. I will not refuse your hug.

6. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Have you ever visited an Aeithiest country? You will feel safe in a dark alley.

Also there's tons of articles about this.

7. Hahah youre joking? I hope so

8. What a nonsense you just wrote? So a guy who rapes, smugles, steals in USA, europe, israel or some muslim country is doing this in glory of god? So why didn't the crime rating declined in USSR where an official ideology of the country was atheism? How did the atheism influeced "peaceful" regiment of Pol Pot in Kampuchia? And I'm an atheist who's asking you this and don't represent any of this religions.
    You should be imbarassed!

Hardboiled24 and m.coming.back like this.
  9. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

10. m.coming.back

m.coming.back Fapstronaut

I'm Muslim and I'm PROUD :emoji_muscle:, I'm Muslim I'm against terrorism, I'm Muslim I wish goodness for all humanity, .

FalconWingz88 and The_Monk like this.
  11. I'll remind everyone to be respectful. You are free to state your beliefs but it's crossing the line when you insult or attack others if they don't believe as you do. Posts that don't contribute to the conversation or exist solely to attack others will be deleted.

12. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Just simply stating that everything has positives and negatives.

I'm not discouraging religion.

Nor am I discouraging Athiesm.

13. FalconWingz88

FalconWingz88 Fapstronaut

Cmon guys. Religion is a belief. Theres nothing to do with terrorism.

If they say ISIS is muslim. I say they are not. They are not following the real Muslim way.
    All religion have one purpose.
    Its to do good to other people.

Im an atheist btw.

14. I will win

I will win Fapstronaut

In Islamic countries, the crime rate are low than that of Japan, also the most mass murders in the history were Atheists like Napoleon Bonaparte and Mao Zedong.

15. No, telling people of faith that they should be embarrassed is not the same thing.

16. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

i didn't say they should be embarrassed. In my post, I said they should be a little embarrassed.

just a small amount.

17. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

Why are you hating people who have a religion and making dumb comments to try and make fun? You give atheism a bad name. Just let people believe what they want and don't harass people who do have religion is that so hard to do?

SilentJay313 likes this.
  18. I will win

I will win Fapstronaut

It's rare to see an Atheist who respect religions. I admire you.

19. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Most people in Japan and Asia are overly-socialized into a herd mentality.

The West has developed a tradition of freedom.

This is conducive to the moral sphere of good and evil.

In an overly socialized country, the script can flip, and evil can break out on a truly horrific mass scale. The only think standing between us and evil is the resistance of morality and belief.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Monster Carrot likes this.
  20. Now I'm not embarrassed about my faith but I use to be because of what I was taught in church. In the church, I use to go to most (but not all) members of the church seemed to disregard education and embrace ignorance. I find it extremely annoying when Christians over spiritualize things and when they seem to think that they are Jesus. Christian TV is an embarrassment as well, and it gives a bad representation of Christianity.