1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I don't need God/Religion in my life

A group of agnostic and atheist fapstronauts to get come together chat about recovery.

1. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Well, I guess it comes down to a quest for meaning. Why one person has it, and another doesn't, is itself a mystery. And then we are always liable to change. Who knows what the future holds.

2. I fill my life with optimism but keep it real, I used to dream a lot and ask God for help, now I just get up and do stuff. My way doesn't have to be other's way, but this path has worked for me better than anything related to God.

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

4. Malek98

Malek98 Fapstronaut

5. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

I belive that Maybe there is a god maybe.. I don't Belive most religious bullshit. They really emphasize on gods love and gods wrath equally which really doesn't sound right you always have this feeling that your gonna go to hell or someshit no matter how good you are it's like your heart never rests. I mean what the fuck is so divine about fear? God should be pure love. And also we are just holograms what's the point of punishing a hologram anyway. Why the fuck does anything matter this is eternity. I think God should be pure love. Do good and expect good and do bad and expect bad period. Religions always wanna keep people worried fkin bullshit man. Speaking of hell I really belive were already in some kind of hell. Eternity has no Shape or form or measure. This place is basically objects lol this is not even our home. Eternity= objects? No. eternity=sex? No. Let's say you have a job good friends nice neighborhood etc. at the end of the day it's all just pleasures of the flesh I know there's more to this. Many rich people commit suicide so it's not all about materialism.

6. I think a god wouldn't waste time on what you use your genitals for or what music you listen to. God would have to be something we can't even fathom to come up with something as complex as the universe.

Every religion makes the concept of god very small and insignificant, very petty and ridiculous.

The whole worship me thing, the prayers, the rituals, it's just superstition. God is a made up concept by humans, and if there is one it's just a lucky guess.

7. thatoneguy123

our existence is beyond any bullshit religion period. It's funny how no religious books ever talk about some deep Mystical outta this world kinda shit that can only be described by a god if there is one.its just ink on paper. There's some good stuff but nothing that makes you say now this is definitely gods word.relgion is 50% love 50% punishment and that's the trap

8. The Bible has actually been confirmed to be true. There is overwhelming evidence to suggest that the Biblical events actually took place. To say that the stories in the Bible were made up is an untrue statement.

I Free I likes this.
  9. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Not for nothing, a-lot of you guys that say your non-believers & atheist & blah blah blah ... I feel like many of you that posts these threads on the "off topic discussion" just want to debate, make others feel "bad" for what they believe in (doesn't happen with me) or it's just a simple cry for help . I'm posting this post around just to get "my point" across and although I don't respect your opinions or beliefs, I respect who you are .

10. Just because New York is real doesn't mean spider man is.

11. I think if people are free to speak about how they love God I should be able to say how I don't need God in my life. Sometimes people are in religion but don't really fit in it, they might get inspired if people like me speak of our beliefs, to let them know they are not alone.

I Free I likes this.
  12. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

Did you know that Abraham, King David, Moses or even king Solomon are not found in any historical records? They are just figures from Bible. Check on wikipedia. Did you know that even Ancient Israel is questionable?
    Did you know that Shlomo Sand wrote a book https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invention_of_the_Jewish_People in which he pointed it out?
    You may like to dream, I like sticking to the facts.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  13. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Facts are given to you from your masters ... it is you people who are brainwashed in society to not believe in the truth . They want all you regular civilians to not believe in a greater power because they want you to focus on work,normal people stuff, & than die . Love

Themadfapper and Deleted Account like this.
  14. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

Historical evidence of King Solomon other than the biblical accounts has been so minimal that some scholars have understood the period of his reign as a 'Dark Age' (Muhly 1998).
    That's why I wondered if Jesus were also made up.

15. C'mon we all know that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. People can edit stuff and change stuff.

I Free I likes this.
  16. I Free I

I Free I Guest

:emoji_pray::emoji_pray::emoji_pray:
    [​IMG]

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

Oh, so the wikipedia is wrong :D

18. Yes. People can edit stories to fit their agenda.

I Free I likes this.
  19. thatoneguy123

Some religions have predicted stuff that has happened . Does that mean they are true? Omg only God could know the future. Aliens could have traveled to the future and came back and wrote down all this stuff. Also Quran talks about stuff about the sun and all that in detail before technology came out. A mystic could have traveled and came back and write it down. There's nothing about any that makes you fully convinced that's it's true. Nothing that drops the hammer