1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like I'm getting too old to find "the one"

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Newlife793, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

I'm 22 years old and my family keeps asking me "where's your girlfriend" "when are you gonna get one?" I mean I'm not brad Pitt but I ain't ugly. I'm just struggling with pied and that's my problem, I'm just worried about all the good girls that I could see myself being with are gonna be married and gone -.-

2. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

I'm 40. Jesus I must be dead to your family

3. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

They're something else man

4. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Anybody heard of college, a career, etc

5. Higherself

Higherself Fapstronaut

You will find one bro..

Just focus on healing first...

Try not to focus on what you dont have and be express gratitude for what you do have it can help lift the spirits.

pretty Girls will marry ugly as dudes its not often about looks or money for women.. its often about how you make them feel about themselves..

6. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

You can make them feel great all you want but the mortgage better be paid and the lights on in the house.

7. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Hey, @Newlife793!

Thanks for your post and the last thing I wanna do is make light of any of it. After all, PIED is a bitch and then there is flatlining and rebooting and the family wining, the sex industry, peer pressure, and hard mode and even the non-players have all those lovely potential mates out there...it's not easy... it's worrisome... and stressful... and difficult... and (expletive deleted) grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I get it.

However, the one thing it's not is urgent. You can only make a good match if you are in a good place yourself -- whenever in life. It used to be that people lived shorter lives and were less healthy earlier in life. For society to work and the species to continue we had to hurry up and "settle down" and make babies before it was all over for us. That's mostly out of the window now. Many people are not only living decades longer, but they're finding education much more important, have a far more complex world to deal with, know far more about nutrition... you get the idea... Nothing against the ol' romantic "marry your high school sweetheart" dream... but, really, 22 is very very young, especially for men, and... like I said... it's not the numbers but the inner development (including emotional) that makes for a promising future mate.

I know cultural pressures can vary, and personal outlook changes as we age, but in general I say we should reboot, travel, learn, become great and settle down when we're cleaner, less anxious, more stable, more secure, more mature etc. Given that you'll probably live to be at least 75 (if not 95), I think 25-30 would be a perfect _early_ age for men to settle down!:) Cleanup...have fun... BE fun.... look around, become a great match... and maybe in a couple of years or so it'll all fall into place. Life's not a race.

Just my 2 cents, of course....

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  8. Sorry, when I hear very, very young, with the two verys that is, I think of 15. At 22 myself, I sure don't feel like a spring chicken myself either. Hell, the fact that I'll be 30 in eight years hits me like a tons of bricks some times. Life's a bitch and then you die. End of story.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  9. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Thanks for making me feel like a dinosaur guys

10. I feel like I'm getting to old to find "the one"

You meant this?
    [​IMG]

Potato93, Kman20, Hopefulgirl and 3 others like this.
  11. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

After reading the title, I expected you to be at least 35 years old. In that case you could start worrying. I'm 27 and have been single for three years... during this time I have been going through some major changes in my personality, and even if I had found "the one" before, it is likely she wouldn't be the one for me anymore. I am confident, though, that the next woman I meet will be the one I will marry.

12. Ah, to be 22 yrs old. Where has time gone?
    [​IMG]

13. Oh, but people now a days don't like to accept the fact that we get old and die, so they come up with sugar-coated words and phrases such as "90 years young, how young are you, senior citizens instead of straight up old, young adult instead of just adult." Just accept that fact that the universe doesn't give a shit about you. You fully realize it when you're dead one day, or not. People can't handle the truth. When I look in the mirror I don't go "oh look how young I am." It's more like "I"m still young but I'm not really getting any younger. In fact, I'm getting old." We're all getting old. Everyday is a day closer to death.

14. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I'll be 25 next month & I still don't have a girlfriend ( Don't really want one right now to be honest ) BUT In my opinion, we still have a-lot of life to live ! If you get a girlfriend, than you get one ... If not, keep living the young life , still living the young life .

tedriley and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  15. So the second someone gets a girlfriend, they're not young anymore? wtf Whatever happened to the song "You Make Me Feel so Young"?? lmao

16. There will always be someone who are available. Join a social group, go to a few parties if that is your thing. Stay in the social mix and eventually a girl who matches you will come along. I am 25 btw, never had a girlfriend.

17. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I never said that, that's not what I'm implying lol . My point is that this age range is young enough to not be concerned about "needing" a girlfriend . I love how people always attack & debate with me on here, must be my streak that they envy :emoji_innocent:

18. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

I will older by the minute in this thread.

19. Oh yeah cause I definitely envy the mere hundred days you have ahead of me. oh boo hoo. What are you compensating for with those mighty bold letters?

20. The real challenge is becoming content with the reality of getting older, whether you're young or old. It's really just another worry. I say fuck age, it's just a number.

Higherself likes this.