1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Relationshippy Problem Help!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by We CAN Do This!, Jul 21, 2017.

1. We CAN Do This!

We CAN Do This! Fapstronaut

Okay this is going to be a long complicated story so please bare with...

Okee dokee, for those f you familiar with snapchat, I took over my mates snapchat to keep streaks as he is on holiday without wifi (for those who aren't familiar, you get a number that goes up for every day you send snaps to each other, like a counter).

I sent a snap to somebody who I kind of knew, and sent it from his account, and we had a short conversation. I knew they went to an army cadets thing so I messaged saying 'you're from air cadets right?'. However, it turns out I sent it to the wrong person, but the person I sent it to also goes to air cadets.

This 'wrong person' replied saying 'yes I am' with a picture of her air cadets badge. Just to be nice, I said something like 'oh sorry, and nice badge'. She then replied asking me my snapchat name, so I gave it to her (thought it was a harmless thing to do).

She then send me a message saying 'want to get a streak?' (meaning snapping eachother every day to make the counter go higher). Streaks are a cool thing to have, so I agreed.

This is when it gets interesting. Just bare in mind here I don't actually know this girl. i don't know her name, age, or even what she looks like really.

She messages a little later saying 'wanna start speaking' with suggestive emojis (like the symbol of the couple holding hands).

At this point, I wasn't sure, so I replied saying 'Maybe. Even though I don't even know you'. She then replied saying 'we could get to know each other'.

Now I'm worried. I reply saying 'well I guess maybe'. I was trying to give the impression that i was unsure.

Just a few minutes ago, she sent a message saying 'Hey x', and I check her snapchat story (a public picture that all of your friends can see), and it's a message with today's date on, and more suggestive emoji's.

Now, if you're unfamiliar with social media, when people post a date with similar emoji's to this, it represents the date that their relationship started, so I'm worried that she's under the impression that ME AND HER are in a relationship!

I don't even know her name for crying out loud! I don't know what she looks like! And what's more, she doesn't even really know what I look like!!

I'm 16, and judging by the very few pictures I've seen of her from snapchat, she looks at LEAST 2 years younger than me.

I'm not getting into this with her, I don't want anything to do with it anymore. I mean, i didn't even mean to message her in the first place!!

Come on guys, what do I do????

2. Spidermonky77

Spidermonky77 Fapstronaut

Give her a chance bro. What's the worst that could happen? You're both young have fun...just not too much fun

3. jest

jest Fapstronaut

What do you do?

Run, run as far away as you can!

Just kidding.

4. Snapchat has a blocking feature. I would start with that.

I would've posted the link to the directions on how to block people, but I haven't been a member long enough to post links.

5. We CAN Do This!

I would be fine with it if she (probably) wasn't about 13! I mean, I don't know for sure what her age is but judging by looks she can't be more than 14/15.

ugghhh it's a tough day mate it really is.

Spidermonky77 likes this.
  6. We CAN Do This!

My first thoughts :D The problem is that i'm too much of a nice person. I don't want to hurt anybody...

7. We CAN Do This!

Good thought, but I have to send a message to her every day from my mates account to keep the streak, and she knows it's me who's taken over his account so she'd still be able to message me.

8. Seems like a silly reason to keep in contact with someone. Obviously your current situation isn't an emergency since you're unwilling to sacrifice something, even as silly as a Snapchat streak, in order to extricate yourself from the situation.

We CAN Do This! likes this.
  9. We CAN Do This!

Well it's mainly that my mate takes his snap streaks very seriously, and he's a really good mate and I wouldn't want to let him down even if it was over one streak.

10. How are you letting him down by breaking contact with someone you said wasn't even the right cadet you were suppose to start the streak with in the first place? Furthermore I think your friend will live despite the lose of a streak. Also you could be saving your friend from having a crazy girl on his Snapchat.

Block her. Why make this more complicated than it needs to be?

11. We CAN Do This!

Fair point I guess, although he was keeping a streak with this girl.

But I agree this is more complicated than it needs to be, thanks for the advice :)

Joyful Job likes this.
  12. Spidermonky77

Spidermonky77 Fapstronaut

Just keep that streak going til your friend comes back. Maybe he'll snap with her ??

13. We CAN Do This!

Quite possibly :)

Spidermonky77 likes this.
  14. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Do...do you want to know her name? What she looks like?
    You actually don't know anything at this point, just a couple of emojis and some weird timing. There's no saying these are related.

For argument's sake, let's say they are: you ask her and your fears(?) are realised - what is the worst that can happen? You block her and you tell your buddy, "hey, ____ thinks we were a thing based on a few snaps and emojis. It was weird." Now what is the best case scenario if she thinks you two are a thing? You gently tease the girl about writing her name with your last name (which she doesn't actually know, so would have had to make up, so she's writing something like Felicia DuMont 'cause you don't know her first name and she doesn't know yours so you crack that your relationship has all gone sideways before it even begins) and you suggest actually getting to know each other, which you do, and she's awesome and smart and funny and you love being around her and you go out and while on a date you kiss and then catch the game-winning touchdown and someone hands you a skateboard made of gold.

Which is as likely a scenario as the first because, again, you don't actually know anything at the moment. It is just weird coincidence right now. Good things could happen. Bad things could happen, too. You don't know until they happen.

Ride it out, keep the streak going.

Air Cadets rule.

15. she is odd. stop talking to her

16. We CAN Do This!

True stuff. I am keeping the streak, going, but actually, she has cut back on the snaps lately, I think she's realized that maybe she was diving into the unknown, but she seems really eager to be in a relationship. She's always posting stories with things like 'someone write me a nice paragraph to wake up to' so it seems she's a little lonely.

But yes, as you say, I'm going to ride it out and see where it leads.

17. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Just don't talk to her and let the time resolve the question...feel natural about yourself

18. We CAN Do This!

Time already has resolved it :D yeah she doesn't bother me now. I worry too much.

The Wrestler likes this.