1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do all paths of mastery include semen retention and sex transmutation?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ChristopherB, Jul 28, 2017.

1. For men, do all paths of mastery include semen retention and sex transmutation or sex sublimation?

Said another way, has any man been on a path of mastery who did not utilize the powers derived from semen retention and sex transmutation?

I have my opinion and my personal experience on the topic, yet I am interested in seeing your perspective on it.

plant goodness likes this.
  2. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Solely. Yes, it is a universal law.

ChristopherB likes this.
  3. plant goodness

Have I failed greatly in this quest? Of course. Does it seem impossible at times? Without guidance from an accomplished Master there is little hope in bringing such efforts to fruition in reality.

4. plant goodness

Um, to answer another way, yes I have. It was called delusional hedonism while simulating spiritual attainment through the use of mind altering substances.

5. ElJeffe263

ElJeffe263 Fapstronaut

When I went to boot camp, I went from masturbating 3-4 times a day to not at all, and I turned into a machine, got top soldier award, and could do more push-ups than the drill sergeants. As soon as I got to base and started beating off again everything went pretty much back to normal... not conclusive proof one way or the other, but that's my experience.

6. No. Some paths are as simple as not touching your dick.

FeelingDoomed, ElJeffe263 and Wazzai like this.
  7. Do all paths include and require that? No, of course not. I used to do self development stuff while also jerking off daily. Many people do that. But there is a huge disadvantage that is lost. It's like if you are a bodybuilder do you need to do squats and bench press and if you are a cyclist do you need to also do stretching? No, but you will be in disadvantage if you don't. That doesn't mean that it can't work, there are many successful people who practice some type of self mastery and accomplish a lot without sexual transmutation. Maybe some people don't even need it, maybe they already have huge energy levels. Maybe PMO can even benefit some people cos they function better at lower energy levels and can not function that good when their energy is very high. Or maybe it doesn't change anything for some. We all are different, I really don't believe there is one thing that fits all. But I do feel that generally speaking, for majority, it would be very beneficial. But not a requirement to succeed.

ujjwalsaha and ChristopherB like this.
  8. NoEffingSlack

NoEffingSlack Fapstronaut

What was normal? Were you 300 pounds of chewed bubble gum? Obviously, not. Aside from the masturbating, how much less were you from the boot camp machine?

9. ElJeffe263

ElJeffe263 Fapstronaut

I was in pretty average shape, hiking once a week, I worked construction so I lifted heavy things periodically. Kind of skinny, 6' 170lbs ish.

The thing that I noticed much more was the drive and energy I had compared to everyone else. Which is not normally something that I have.

I have also noticed it to a lesser extent on some of my longer NoFap streaks.

10. I think that all paths of mastery (if practiced diligently) will lead to a practice and discipline that includes semen retention and sex transmutation.

I find it hard to believe that when a man is truly on a path to self-mastery, that he would not eventually orient semen retention and sex transmutation into his disciplined practice. But I am open to other people's personal experience with the topic.

I know that non-ordinary states of consciousness (if used intentionally and properly) can be used to access higher states of consciousness as well. See shamanism, especially plant-based shamanism. With that said, the powers gained through semen retention and sex transmutation are far greater than what I have experienced via shamanic medicine.

I understand your sentiment. I am interested in reading about people's first-hand experience with topic. Not just speculation. I get your point. Yes, I am not trying to generalize and say that what is appropriate for a person such as me is appropriate for every man. I am interested in seeing people's perspective and I appreciate your input.

I have been on a path of mastery for 2 or 3 years and practicing Yoga and meditation daily for 5 years now. I am trained, I engage in daily practice. I live intentionally. I practice non-attachment. And I play the edge.

Now, my practice has lead me to the practice of semen retention and when a man is holding onto his semen, it seems he should practice sex transmutation as well because without directing the energy upward, the raw energy stagnates at the base of spine and it can seem very challenging to concentrate, and I have been horny as all can be in this state, and a man could have wet dreams, if he is not moving the energy up the energy channels along the spine.

So now, if my practice did not include semen retention and sex transmutation, then I do not think it would be a path of self-mastery for me becuase now I know the powers of semen retention and sex transmutation. Before I did not know because I had not experienced it first hand. And once you know and go further down the rabbit hole, as you know: there is no coming back.

Deleted Account likes this.

11. Actually, that was my experience, too.

ElJeffe263 likes this.
  12. Sexual transmutation is absolutely not required to get success.

...but neither is it required for you to drive by car to your job 80 miles away.

You can go on foot, or you can drive by car. It's your choice ;)