1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Audiobooks for self improvement.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Infern0, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Infern0

Infern0 Fapstronaut

2. The power of now & the art of presence by E. Tolle
    Healing the Shame by Bradshaw
    Healing and the Mind by Moyers
    Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore

3. Pmo is in the past

Pmo is in the past Fapstronaut

I"ll gladly listen to these.I recommend Sean Cooper's audio books

plant goodness likes this.
  4. brightsidealien

brightsidealien Fapstronaut

"The Willpower Instinct" by Kelly McGonigal is pretty eye opening. Highly recommend it.

5. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

:emoji_clap: I adore that woman. Dare I say I am infatuated with her and want to make her my :emoji_bride_with_veil: and :emoji_couplekiss:

But nah it's just like ya of course I would if we knew each other and karma had us destined to be together but I don't see that in our future so I'm just trying to have fun with emoji here :emoji_ghost:

Kelly really is an amazing human being :emoji_pray: :emoji_sparkling_heart: and also is amazing at meditating :emoji_om_symbol:

6. plant goodness

7. Fighter010101

Fighter010101 Fapstronaut

Is there anyway to remember what you listen to in audiobooks, and actually apply the info rather than just listening to them , forgetting everything and not applying anything?

8. plant goodness

Lol dude yes there is.

One listen won't stick.

I once listened to a modern self-help guru (Brian Tracy or Ziglar perhaps) say in one of their books that you need to reread (or listen to) something over and over and over and over again. Like a dozen or more times. Just pick something and consume it daily like it's something you are paid to do. Once you start doing this applying it becomes so much more effective.

I mean you can listen and take notes of something and just return to the notes daily but that won't be as effective as repeat listens.

But even if you only do it once you can still make a conscious effort to apply what you listen to.

We humans are stubborn and forgetful creatures but think of your mind like a garden and even if you listen to one and forget it you have planted positive seeds in your mind and if you keep listening to this kind of stuff one day the pieces may come together and you find something that changes you forever and you naturally start applying things without a second thought.

Infern0 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

Listening to dating playbook by andrew ferebee

And also how to influence and win friends like op mentioned.

Also I do rewind it quite often or just restart the whole chapter eventually I just sync into what's being said

10. Pmo is in the past

Pmo is in the past Fapstronaut

The Magic of thinking Big
    Awaken the giant within
    Think and grow rich

11. Jamie7227

Jamie7227 Fapstronaut

I'd recommend Alan Watts his lectures are very interesting.