1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to treat anxiety

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by meanbean70, Aug 9, 2017.

1. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Hi guys, this last week has felt like one long anxiety attack for me. Does anyone know of ways that are helpful for getting rid of anxiety or lessening its effects?

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  2. bboyownz

bboyownz Fapstronaut

Since no one else seems to give a shit. I'm going to post. Here's what you need to do:
    1) Get a ritual
    2) The ritual could involve breathing, rubbing a metal ball together (like those chinese ones), or something completely unique

Whenever you feel it, say to yourself "Everything will be okay" then, do your ritual. :)

meanbean70 likes this.
  3. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

I was having anxiety attacks earlier this year. A particular event that happened to me brought them on.

I've always been a slightly anxious person but never ever like I had earlier this year. The panic attacks literally had me thinking I was going to die, an overwhelming sense of fear coupled with a racing heart and hyperventilating.

Anyways. I don't have this anymore. Looking back I'm pretty sure I know why this is. I spent waaaaay too much time indoors on my own isolated from everyone else. I was left alone with my thoughts for too long and when you're on your own you start to think about some weird things. (Your brains way of trying to actually get some stimulation seeing as it's getting none from anywhere else)

Every opportunity I got to get out of the house I took.
    I signed up to the gym, I started arranging to meet people more often, I would visit relatives more. It sort of just faded away without me even realising it.

People were telling me that my anxiety was "all in my head". I would get really annoyed when people would say that to me because I felt physical symptoms. However when I look back now I know for 100% it was indeed all in my head.

I don't know your situation but my best advice to you would be to get out and stimulate your brain so that you don't have time to think about your anxiety, this helped me tremendously.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. tiredofbeingtired

tiredofbeingtired Fapstronaut

5. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

You get anxiety from a trigger, you face the trigger and don't avoid it. You have to get through the breaking points, you can't expect to not face your fear and conquer it.

This is the baseline for training dogs as well.

6. Like what happened here, it might actually sound counterintuitive but one of the best ways to beat social anxiety is actually to be more social.

JakeWoods likes this.
  7. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

You are most certainly right. I had anxiety all this week because the girl that i loved, who broke up with me a month ago, decided she wanted me to hang out with her and some of her friends and i was really nervous about it all week, but when the time came i was fine. it didnt go great. She barely talked to me. But it wasn't horrible either.

8. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Very true. but im going through some serious flat line right now and it really hurts my social life. Like try not to seem like a depressed piece of shit, but its really hard. nobody wants to hang out with someone like that.

9. snappedouttafap

snappedouttafap Fapstronaut

5 second rule - Mel Robbins

You'll soon learn anxiety is habit. If you have a habit of worrying and dwelling on the negative, then you most definitely have the habit of anxiety. Which is a good thing, because habits can both be broken and formed.

10. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

You have to get rid of the victim attitude. It's gonna affect your self esteem even if you think you're being honest. You got ground to yourself confidently with practice. own your actions and words. You need to take deep breaths when you get anxiety, and assess the situation rationally. Don't be so self conscious and worry about others

11. I have anxiety everyday brother. If I knew, I'll lyk