1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how much do you sleep on average?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lions, Aug 8, 2017.

how much on average do you sleep?

1. 3 hours

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. 4 hours

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. 5 hours

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. 6 hours

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. 7 hours

23 vote(s)
    35.4%
  6. 8 hours

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  7. 9 hours

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. 10 hours

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. 11 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 12+ hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Sleep quota among people is something that I was always interested in.So what' s the amount of sleep you've found that works best for you?
    Edit: The distribution of the poll seems to be fairly symmetrical , where the most individuals sleep 7 hours.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Reinier

Reinier Fapstronaut

3. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

I hear that people in the USA sleep less than people in other countries. Interesting to know if it is true.

Cel mai drept ideal and Lions like this.
  4. I aim for 7 and I usually get 7.

Lions likes this.
  5. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Someone sleeps 4 hours a day , lol.

Cel mai drept ideal likes this.
  6. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Wait until you have a new baby and have to take on a second job to pay the bills. Some weeks you dream about when you were young, free, and got way more than 4 hours every night.

Deleted Account, MonkG and Lions like this.
  7. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Wait so you sleep 4 hours a day also?

8. fotizo

fotizo Fapstronaut

I generally get four or five hours of sleep a night. I actually should be getting seven or eight, but I am "addicted" to staying up late and doing stuff that I could have done during the day.

9. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

I don't know but since i sleep a lot, I'm fascinated with low amount of sleeping and functioning through the day. I wish i could do the same as you, I don't wanna waste my life sleeping.

Cel mai drept ideal and pezzer like this.
  10. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Actually, with luck now, I sleep 4 before I have to get up to go to the bathroom, but I go back down for another 3-4 hours, and maybe a couple more bathroom trips. There have been times when 4 hours was a good night.

11. fotizo

fotizo Fapstronaut

From my point of view it is actually no fun trying to function on low amounts of sleep. When I am supposed to get things done, I often feel really sluggish and unproductive. There will reach a point in the day where my thoughts don't exactly follow a straight line. This is problematic, considering I write and speak for work!

Deleted Account, pezzer and Lions like this.
  12. MonkG

MonkG Fapstronaut

I get 7 hours a day. Exams month it becomes 6 or 5 and weekends 9.
    There are many articles indicating that there is a mutation of certain gene which indicates how much sleep we need. Some people only needs 4/5 hours of sleep and they function as a person who slept 10 hours. I wish if I had this mutation.

pezzer, fotizo and Lions like this.
  13. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I was not able to put more answers in this poll , but if i did put 2 hours someone would probably vote for 2 hours , since someone has vote for 3 hours. It looks like we have Nikola Tesla type people around here.

14. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

15. Between 7 and 8. Occasionally if I go to bed early enough or if I had a few drinks I'll sleep 9. Occasionally if I have to really be up early I'll sleep 6.

...but the other 95% of the time I sleep between 7 and 8. Not sure which option to pick on the poll based on that, but I'll go for 7, just because that's the minimum I try to sleep.

Lions likes this.
  16. Supermarron

Supermarron Fapstronaut

I woke up at 10 today.

Lions likes this.
  17. Ragnar.Lodbrok

Ragnar.Lodbrok Fapstronaut

Between 6.5 and 7.5 hours. In those times I often include a 20 minute afternoon nap.

I would like to get it down to a consistent 6 hour sleep every night + 20 minute afternoon nap.

Lions likes this.
  18. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I get 8 hours of sleep give or take half an hour. If I get too much more than that it's like I've slept too much and wake up with less energy.

Lions likes this.
  19. I get 8 hours no matter what, the problem I have is I never want to go bed. So I can stay up anywhere from 20 to even 30 something hours and then set my alarm for 8 hours.

It's not healthy at all and I hope to fix that sometime as a schedule is best, but the thing that sucks is it never feels like there's enough hours in the day to do things...

pezzer and Lions like this.
  20. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I typically try to aim for 6-8 hours, but sometimes I'm either restless or something/someone is keeping me up and only get 3-4 hours of sleep.

Lions likes this.