1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at Phones While Watching a Movie

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 18, 2017.

1. So as I said in another thread I watched Dunkirk yesterday and it was a great movie. But you know what was not so great was that there was this guy who for most of movie was looking at his phone. At first I thought he was just posting on social media that he was watching the movie, then I started to think since he had come with his kids to see the movie he was a busy man who had to check work emails but then I swear it appeared that he started watching videos on his phone because there was this noise that wasn't from the film and seemed to be coming from his direction. I was more focused on the movie and didn't pay much attention to him but I could help but notice this. While he was in my row he was in the middle and I was right at the end of the row but if he was near me I would of said something. I admit sometimes I look at my phone while watching TV but never at the cinema! I swear this is one of the worse examples of phone addiction I've ever seen because for someone to do that must be addicted to their mobile phone!

2. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Guest

Nothing is more annoying than an idiot that won't get off of their phone during a movie. If it's an emergency or something they should at least go in the hallway.

Third_Eye likes this.
  3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

I thought there was a rule to turn off cell phones when in the cinema. Or is that just the sound?

But yes, ad-dic-tion.

Third_Eye likes this.
  4. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Guest

What's even worse is when you're going out for dinner with friends and everyone at the table is on their phone instead of talking to each other. It's honestly getting ridiculous.

Third_Eye, Deleted Account and Quiver like this.
  5. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

That's easy enough to solve. Everyone puts there phones in the middle of the table. The first to check their phone pays.

Third_Eye, Kenzi and Skadoosh like this.
  6. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Guest

Lol ... that could work.

Third_Eye likes this.
  7. Well this was at a new multiplex and there was no mention of not using phones during the movie but really no adult should have to be told - it should be common sense.

I remember back in the day when cinemas would play out these Orange ads:

8. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Guest

I read about a girl that almost got hit by a car while crossing the street because she was playing Pokémon Go. The driver that almost hit her was also playing Pokémon Go. :/

9. :emoji_astonished:

I was on a running message board and they were talking about the Zombies, Run! app. And one poster said they wouldn't use it because you might get hit by a car. I admit the game is a good idea and it can make running more interesting but I wouldn't use it for that reason and plus I don't headphones for running.

10. Those people who use their phones while a movie is going on should be banned from cinemas.I absolutely hate when someone is using their cellphone and they sit directly in front of me.The light from the phone makes it hard to focus on the movie.This is why I prefer to watch a movie during the week or on slow days where there is less people to annoy me.I actually had a friend who did this when we went to see Captain America : Civil War.I remember us not talking for weeks because I was so pissed off.

11. Awesome idea.

12. Everybody watches on their phone if you turn around. Even you. Now phones are part of our daily life (due to work, to keep in touch with family and friends for everything):emoji_calling: well he wasnt a very good parent in that moment. in this particular situation I reckon the dad wasn't too pleased by that movie too lol

I hate all the social media I miss the times when I was 11 and there were no phones, no social media and people were really able to seize the moment and be happy

Sometimes I would like to run away and hide in a cave far away with no WiFi, nobody and nothing to bother me

Last movie I watched at the cinema was skyfall. I wouldnt enjoy going to cinema anymore. I'm lazy and I have plenty of movies and tv series I can watch at home on tablet phone or pc. Cinema now is old fashioned for adults. If I had kids I would bring them there but I don't so no