1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Trevorphilipz

Fellow NoFappers, I have something to say. If God is for all, should we not be for all also? Why then with all this concentration upon self, upon division, upon setting ourselves apart from everyone else? I think that is far too individualistic, and I don't think that is right. I think we were meant to be united, together, peacefully under the Lord's leadership. People are too focused on the divisiveness of modern culture and are blinded to the sames we all share. If you need proof of this, just look at the body of Christ, the churches, the denominations, everything to be different, to be set apart from the rest. In some cases, this is a good thing, but I think the body of Christ should be at least one thing on this world that is united. The Church should be an example to the world on how to live faithfully and happily and at peace with ones self and God.... I think. I don't think this standing alone is doing anyone any favors, there is strength in numbers. I think it is time to stand together, time to regroup and right some of the wrongs that have been going on for a long time. Time to stand for truth and justice, time to stand for and with Jesus.
MasterJack more_vert
MasterJack
don't we already? i thought with all the attacks on Christianity we Christians are already on a path to helping each other out. if it is otherwise then i had no idea.
sparkywantsnoPMO more_vert
sparkywantsnoPMO
The Ecumenism movements are working to bring Christians back together. Saw some big exchanges between Episcopalians and Methodists, for instance.
sparkywantsnoPMO more_vert
sparkywantsnoPMO
It came down to people wanting to interpret differently. And nowadays, the number of splinters is very high. Many groups also have elements they won't budge on.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
I think there are some man made rifts that are quite large, and it will take time to build a proper bridge but it's possible, I think.
sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.
HappyDaysAreHereAgain more_vert
HappyDaysAreHereAgain
The longest prayer that Jesus prayed, John 17, is a prayer that all who come to believe might be one/united. I hope he is still praying, because we aren't yet there.
Mr. Blah and Trevorphilipz like this.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
I think it should be us who is praying.
Mr. Blah more_vert
Mr. Blah
Modern culture is interesting. For instance we follow POP CULTURE AND MUSIC like a cult but we never adopt the same commitment into churches and our families.I guess it's true Charity begins at home.
Trevorphilipz likes this.