1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Rich Holdaway

Hi guys

I'm new to my faith, but have experienced a couple of things that made me believe.

I have a question about forgiveness... I've looked at appalling things in my PMO, no details. Do I forgive myself before god gives his forgiveness? If I change now and live a better life can I change my souls course into hell to one into heaven?
Euphorios more_vert
Euphorios
Hi Rich! Are you saved then? In that case you just ask God for forgiveness and forgive yourself and keep better yourself and keep trying to be ever closer to God. As Jesus said, if someone have bathed, it''s enough to just wash your feet.
Rich Holdaway likes this.
Rich Holdaway more_vert
Rich Holdaway
If by saved you mean I've become a believer then yes I'm saved. Thank you for the respose!
wwart1020 and Euphorios like this.
HappyDaysAreHereAgain more_vert
HappyDaysAreHereAgain
God forgives, that is what grace is about. It is not earned, it is a gift. We quote John 3:16 repeatedly, but 3:36 is also good.
Mr. Brightside more_vert
Mr. Brightside
As soon as you become a believer, God takes your guilty record of all your sins and replaces it with His son's perfect and blameless record. That means that you are no longer going to go to Hell. You're on your way to Heaven!
Rich Holdaway more_vert
Rich Holdaway
John 3:36 is on my phone for whenever I need it :) thanks guys!
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
Yes, it's true that if you believe you are saved. But it's important that we are convicted by our sin and not become complacent about it. If you're a new Christian I would recommend Romans as Paul really unpacks the gospel throughout the book.
Rich Holdaway more_vert
Rich Holdaway
@Gracealone3 thank you for the input! Can I just dive into Romans without reading the rest of the bible,I'm reading but only about half way through exodus! I really want a good grounding in the whole story :)
passi more_vert
passi
no you need to continue but set a type of reading plan , ypou can download a bible app that permits you to read where ever you are and during your free time