1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by knighterrant

Hello Everyone!

I posted my relapses in the main forum but I see that some people post here too so I figure it might be good to get feedback from people with similar views on this.

I had my first two relapses after just 5 days.

I was having a few issues today. I was kind of depressed about some things and I let that get in my head/throw off my game. The first time, I suppose I just reverted to my old method of coping.

It left me more empty and depressed than before I relapsed.

The second time wasn't too long ago actually. I tried to rationalize it. I figured that since I was already resetting, I might as well get it out of my system. This is bad logic but it didn't take much to twist my arm.

I need to get back in the right headspace. I can't go to confession as I haven't gone through RCIA yet.

I know that I should strive to never do this again but part of me feels that I will fail again at some point. Is trying to beat my record, so to speak, a bad idea? Any advice is welcome but in particular, does anyone have any advice on how to get back up and back to fighting the good fight?

Thanks and prayers are always appreciated!

battleready, YonCharly456 and noonoon like this.
noonoon more_vert
noonoon
Try to focus on just the next 24 hours. Start a journal that focus' on why you want to quit, what it feels like to be sober, your goals and hopes,etc.
YonCharly456 and knighterrant like this.
Djebeq more_vert
Djebeq
Personally I like to reset my counter at times when I haven't relapsed. That 1 week challenge is always the most motivating. Another thing...keep busy in the church. Go to mass and eucharistic adoration.
battleready more_vert
battleready
I agree with @noonoon and @Djebeq try to focus more on the solution, your goals, the sensation of being clean, sober, good. Adopt a book to read, I strongly suggest the Compound Effect!
battleready more_vert
battleready
It basically says the small smart choices we do on our daily routine which is sometimes is very dull or boring can make a tremendous difference in long run!
knighterrant likes this.