1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by seraphim64

The man at the pool of Bethesda waited 38 yrs to be healed, how patient are you to allow Christ to do the work in your life?

Commit to memory today I Corinthians 10:13
no temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also that you may be able to endure it.
calvary94 more_vert
calvary94
That man is a picture of israel wandering in wilderness for 40 yrs because they refused to belive god’s promised land now if you are sick god already heals you and you don’t need to wait 38 yrs
Crochet_is_lyfe and Dave Nixon like this.
seraphim64 more_vert
seraphim64
Thanks Hannah but that is not my point. My point is to provide encouragement when someone falls to get back up and continue on.
seraphim64 more_vert
seraphim64
This passage can also be seen as an example of a man who came every day to the pool with perservance for 38 years. Perservance being a fruit of the Spirit
seraphim64 more_vert
seraphim64
I meant calvary94 not Hannah in my first response but thanks
calvary94 more_vert
calvary94
Yes perseverance is a fruit but you don’t need to wait for that long anymore for receiving miracle because after jesus’s death it’s all finished on the cross
seraphim64 more_vert
seraphim64
Christ finished it all on the cross. Praise the Lord for that. I don't come on to nofap to get into theological discussions but to provide encouragement to Christian Brothers and Sisters who struggle daily. Peace
calvary94 more_vert
calvary94
Peace too man i have no intention like that but i am just afraid people will missunderstand you must wait long and long and patience then god will come but actually not
CLAW66 more_vert
CLAW66
I would rather put my emphasis on the patience of God. In Christ He remains patient with us as he allows us to continue to return to out sin and to fight against it. His promises stand and call out for us to walk in freedom now.
Knighthawk and Doug like this.
CLAW66 more_vert
CLAW66
Yet I am slow, and forgetful or even ignorant of the length and breath of his promises. But praise to Him for His faithfulness that he works His salvation out in my life and bringing me to deliverance.
grandstand 1 and Knighthawk like this.
Dave Nixon more_vert
Dave Nixon
Imagine if we had to wait 38 years for God to answer a prayer some of us would die beforehand.
Bullarrd and grandstand 1 like this.