1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by abouttime19

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13.
I've always wonder why I've been casted with this insurmountable sin. It seems that this temptation is beyond my ability. What is the purpose of us having to go through this? what delight/joy comes from me being unsocial, tired, miserable, lonely, timid? How can I do God's work when I can't make connections with people.
Ihatepmo and seaguy44 like this.
DerNeuMann more_vert
DerNeuMann
Paul asked a similar question: why do I do the very things I don't want to do?
seaguy44 likes this.
DerNeuMann more_vert
DerNeuMann
If sn Apostle struggled with sin I guess we can expect to. I do fully understand your anguish. I've asked God many times why my big sin is this and not something less awful. But all sin is the same-love of self over God or others.
Mindy likes this.
DerNeuMann more_vert
DerNeuMann
You will beat this and then you'll help someone else beat it. In the meantime, keep going back to the fount. "Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to the cross I cling."
warriorforchrist more_vert
warriorforchrist
I can understand the pain you feel having had much of that myself in life. This is the place where God can reach down to you and you can cry out to him in your pain.
warriorforchrist more_vert
warriorforchrist
PS I will message you the rest of what I want to say as its over the word limit
DerNeuMann more_vert
DerNeuMann
It does seem insurmountable. I know personally. I'm still working on it. But Christ's mercy is new every day. Try changing some things to protect you against yourself. Get offline as much as possible.
relearningtoDave more_vert
relearningtoDave
You were never supposed to face this or any challenge alone. By its very nature PMO cuts us off from others. Seeking support here is a great first step to connecting with others in the real world.
Thinkfast more_vert
Thinkfast
Think of this: Through this affliction we learn to deal with spiritual things most of our fellow Christians are unaware of. We will come out stronger!
Protagoras likes this.