1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by RightAction

I'm thinking that sexual arousal is the perfect subject for mindfulness. One is familiar with the patterns -- i.e. what form the mental factors take -- from repeated experience with them.

Why is this hard? These mental factors are probably the most familiar thoughts we have. One should be able to see clearly how they start, how they grow, etc.
I Am that I Am likes this.
rahulkumar more_vert
rahulkumar
Yes, i agree with all you said.My days go very well unless a strong sexual thought raised or some strong sexual circumstances arises.It is some times tough to handle it,Plz suggest the way to handle it relating to psychology
RightAction more_vert
RightAction
Ha ha. You get punished by typing more than 255 characters by getting the comment erased and you have to remember what you typed :)
RightAction more_vert
RightAction
"You" need a detached Observer when "You" becomes a PMO-er. But if PMO-ing has become all of "You" in the brain the Observer is weak and may be banished altogether. So I think you need a strong Observer around all the time.
rahulkumar more_vert
rahulkumar
How can i find a strong observer ..please suggest?
RightAction more_vert
RightAction
Good question. What do you think an Observer would be? Would it be a fragment of one's personality -- perhaps a leftover Parent incorporated as a child...
RightAction more_vert
RightAction
Probably most PMO-ers don't want an Observer. Especially one that is telling them not to PMO because it's bad for them. The first step to PMO-ing is to ditch the Observer.
DSBP more_vert
DSBP
It's that hard, because we are not used to step away from it. We are used to identify with it, not to observe it. That simply is a habit. Just keep on recognizing and releasing it. Then relax. Now bring up something wholesome.