1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Turdus

Hello Im new to NoFap, ill introduce myself
Im a 27 years old, latinamerican male, about to conclude my universitary studies. Currently Im experiencing bad issues about PM, because the frecuency has increased exponentialy, also Ive done PM since my early 10 years old, so you can imagine.
Recently I was thinking about, us Atheists... it is true that religion is something that gives believers, sense, I mean religion helps them staying in a strong and regulated path (not to everyone of couse) but to the ones that follow the religious commandments strictly, I think it will. Of course they limit their experiences and have their sexuality regulated and controled, for sure. But there is also something sacred about it, about not disturbing their minds, their passions, their bodies, maybe a better or most respectful relationship with themselves and with what they consider "superior" to them. So the question is, If an Atheist dont have a superior being to honour, then its not possible to fear or to love this being with extreme passion and obedience, and therefore an Atheist dont have those Catholic commandments he can get to feel... left to his own, in companion with others in the same condittions as his. And in this state, there are only social regulations, but moral regulations are fragile... So which should be the moral for an Atheist in which respects to his body, to pleasure, or to the relation with others, what shold be the limitations... or if this boundaries should be self-imposed, then which shold be the limit, how can an Atheist stay balanced, and the most important question, fon an Atheist what shold be the dimention of Sacred?
the emotionally hardest thing more_vert
the emotionally hardest thing
Wow. How stupid is this comment system? Tells you you can only have 255 characters and then deletes the message you typed if it's more...
Turdus likes this.
And you must wait at least 16 seconds between posting comments... That is exhausting...
Turdus likes this.
Of course religion can give people purpose. So can many other beliefs as well though.

You can still honour and respect yourself, your body and other people, or even animals, without religion. Morality and values vary from person to person of course.
Turdus likes this.
Personally, I find it very important to question your own beliefs, whatever they may be. Following certain rules or beliefs blindly sounds extremely dangerous to me.
I would ask myself questions about my beliefs like:
Turdus likes this.
a) Does this benefit me?
b) Does it hinder my personal growth somehow?
c) Does it harm others in any way?
Turdus likes this.
Instead of praying, you may still do a loving kindness meditation to harbour compassion towards others.
You can still be part of a community that is not based on religion, join a sports club, go to social events, attend classes - the world is your oyster!
Turdus likes this.
Anything can be sacred/important to you if you deem it valuable enough. So decide what matters to you the most and live your life based on these values!
Turdus likes this.
And remember to give people who think differently a chance too:
"The world would be a much better place if we could show those not in our own group a little bit more compassion and those in our own group a little bit less."
Turdus likes this.
Fortitudo more_vert
Fortitudo
"Him who breaketh up their tables of values, the breaker, the lawbreaker: he, however, is the creator."
- Nietzsche
Turdus likes this.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
Totally nonsense pal.
Fortitudo likes this.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
It seems it is also not possible to comment on specific comments.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
Thanks for replying @the emotionally hardest thing and @Visor I appreciate it a lot.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
I wrote this Question because somewhat I feel that, having quitted on religion, i get to feel the absense of something important. Of course not the whole idea of cristianism.
Adrian P. likes this.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
But as I said the sacred dimention. For so long Ive felt great with my value system, I remember myself being stronger, more determinate and self respectful. Also socially beware.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
But within the time this has changed, and I dont know how to held strong again, to a system of values and beliefs that make me feel fine with myself.
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
Ive been carried by the flood for so long, no changing. So ill start taking little actions, this site is the first one, then i guess ill be more sincere witb
Turdus more_vert
Turdus
With myself and socially responsible. Even if doing this could make me feel anxious. Thanks for reading pals I think I was just discharging.
Maybe volunteer for a charity or elsewhere. Might just give you that sense of purpose when helping others.
Turdus likes this.
Adrian P. more_vert
Adrian P.
I've also been feeling like I lost a major part of my identity, almost all, when I didn't feel that connection with religion. I think that is because of our necesity to feeling that we belong to something, like a child belongs to his/hers mom.
Deleted Account and Turdus like this.
ElectroChill more_vert
ElectroChill
You can use Morality and Ethics to guide yourself. But the best would be to set your own moral compass/code.
Deleted Account likes this.