1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by diddykong

One thing that I hear and even say sometimes is "I'm a sinner saved by the grace of God". This is wrong though. If we go around calling ourselves sinners then we will always be sinners. Jesus teaches us that we are not sinners. He said that "let anyone who is without sin cast the first stone" but didn't say "let anyone who is not a sinner cast the first stone". We were sinners by our nature as descendants of Adam but when we accept Jesus Christ as our saviour then we have put that part of our life aside and we are raised again. The New Testament refers to us as "God's chosen one's, holy and beloved" - "sinners" is a title that is reserved for non believers and not for God's holy children - the sheep of Jesus' flock.

St Paul says in his letter to the Colossians very dramatic wording - he actually says that we have died to our old ways (Colossians 3:3-4 NRSV):

"for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory."

So stop referring to yourself a sinner, or a wretch or worthless. You were a sinner but you aren't now - you are "holy and beloved". Do you really think God is looking at you and calling you a sinner? The same God that has called you by name, the same God that sent his son to be crucified to save you? That doesn't mean that you will never sin again - God knows that. We are his beloved children, the children that he loved so much that he gave his only begotten son to save us. Start thinking of yourself as "holy and beloved" and not as a sinner.

"And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased.”" (Matthew 3:17 NRSV)
Leone more_vert
Leone
Rightly said brother
Deleted Account likes this.
Roady more_vert
Roady
Be holy because He is holy :)
Yes, well said, and thanks for the reminder.
We are not sinners any longer, however, we sin from time to time.
Cerebro and McDreamer like this.
diddykong more_vert
diddykong
"Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him" (John 3:17 NRSV)