1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by green lion eating the sun

has anyone of you ever felt a bad Catholic for the way they have s? I should add i am a 26 year old girl. when i had a. s. with this guy i am seeing he said to me "good Catholic girl" and that made me feel bad. I feel there are 2 natures inside of me: the good Catholic person and the s. addict i try to destroy in order to be proud of me again. I feel a fraud sometimes, that i am not a real Catholic. Is anyone fighting the same demons? Please help
lhachtalion more_vert
lhachtalion
I've never felt that I'm a bad Catholic, but I have this two sides what you're talking about. I learned that if I want to destroy one of them then I wouldn't work. We have to love the other side too and through this, you'll be able to control it.
lhachtalion more_vert
lhachtalion
Jesus says, love your enemies. And read what God says to Kain about temptation. I think we can't destroy the other side. It would be too easy.
Roader to Freedom more_vert
Roader to Freedom
A Catholic without a sin isn't a Catholic. It's a saint in Heaven. Being a Catholic, you have to be a sinner who fights against sins. If you don't fight because of your 100% conscious choice, you're not a Catholic. So, green lion, you're a Catholic.
Roader to Freedom more_vert
Roader to Freedom
There are no bad or good Catholics. It's actually what Jesus said about being the first and the last. Every human being is equal, and that's beautiful.
dlansky more_vert
dlansky
I recently heard Matt Fradd discussing the fact that if our only reason for avoiding certain behaviors is that the Church tells us to, it will be much harder than if we truly understand why those behaviors are harmful to us.
dlansky more_vert
dlansky
Once we see destructive behaviors for what they are and love ourselves enough to want to avoid them, we can see the Church as our ally rather than an obstacle to our desires.
green lion eating the sun more_vert
green lion eating the sun
@lhachtalion thanks, i will read the passage that you recommended me. but s. addiction is against our religion. when i tell i am Catholic people (guys especially) think I should be a nun while I am far from it (if you consider the s. addiction)
@lhachtalion i can't have a proper committed relationship (normal bf and gf). struggle to have normal bonding s. can i love the s. addict to control it?
@roadtofreedomatlast people expect me to be a nun or something like this when I say I am Catholic. I am so sensible to my conscience. I feel I get punished from God for what I do
@roadtofreedomatlast thanks for your comforting words about the first and last
@dlansky thanks, i will see some stuff by Matt Fradd. it is just sometimes i feel my faith as there to make me feel bad and an obstacle to my desires and feel I can't call myself a Catholic if I do this. yesterday i was angry and i just wanted to have s.