1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by AllanTheCowboy

A great new technique for dealing with looking on women/girls/men/boys in lust (whatever one(s) you struggle with).

Try to see a mental image of them in their vocation. For some it might be obvious - you might see them with their children. But for others imagine them with their families, or in religious habits. You don't know what their vocations are, but that's not the point. Remember that this person has a vocation, a real supernatural calling, and that wanting this person for something other purpose is a desire to take them away from what God wants for them, and is a very real way of seeing that your desire to objectify them is a desire in direct opposition to God's will. Not just the abstract concept of God's will but specifically God's will in the life of that person. God wills that woman to me a mother, or a religious sister, or a nun, and you are basically desiring the idea of messing that up - messing up that specific thing.

So see her holding her son at his baptism, or teaching her kids how to pray the Rosary, or with her fellow Dominican sisters singing Gregorian Chant in a beautiful chapel. Then realize you want no part of any idea that robs her of such beauty and grace!
Trappist more_vert
Trappist
I discovered today that by looking away instead of objectifying I saw a stunning natural view instead.
Trappist more_vert
Trappist
Interesting idea of yours to try.
IkeKold more_vert
IkeKold
You can't do this forever. What if you do that to the person God has planned out for you? What if you realize you aren
Trappist likes this.
IkeKold more_vert
IkeKold
(Sorry, I hit the wrong key.) What if you realize you aren't looking at them with lust, but with a natural attraction, that starts to form into love? Will you simply envision a life for them without you? Or would you man up and take your destiny?
Trappist likes this.
AllanTheCowboy more_vert
AllanTheCowboy
You're really overcomplicating this.