1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by CaptainAmerica42

Hi guys,

I am very active in the church. Went on a mission, etc. Recently I had a big trial in my life that took away my ability to walk or go outside for half a year. It was very hard on me spiritually and after it was over I could tell I was not the same spiritually. I was still hurt from my trial. I still am. I guess I kept slipping and slipping until I started this bad habit of P&M. I am doing it a few times a week and struggling to get myself to stop. I’ve talked with my bishop but I am moving to a new ward so I’ll have to do it again. But I feel like I don’t have anyone close enough to talk to about, so I decided to come here because you guys seem very open and supportive. Any advice or encouragement you guys have would mean a lot.
thelucky1 more_vert
thelucky1
Wow, that's tough. I couldn't imagine going through something like that.
CaptainAmerica42 likes this.
thelucky1 more_vert
thelucky1
I'm in the same boat you are--active my whole life, went on a mission, but then came back and went through some dark times. I've been working through PMO for years now, but haven't found a better resource than this website. Having a accountability partner, and a daily journal has made me progress more than anything I ever did previously. I think making an effort to connect with ward members and participating and serving in the church has done wonders for me, especially in helping me deal with the negative emotions which push me back into the vicious cycle of PMO. Breaking the habit is the hardest thing I've ever done, but we'll get through it :)
CaptainAmerica42 and Don Gately like this.
njones9 more_vert
njones9
Welcome, brother! We are all fighting the same battle on here, which I think is one of the strengths of this site. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about getting started, or just want to chat!
CaptainAmerica42 and Don Gately like this.
Together We Can more_vert
Together We Can
Love yourself, you are only human. These activities are natural, do not feel shame in your behaviour. Surrender to our Heavenly Father, surrender your thoughts and actions to his will, one day at a time abstain and write about how it makes you feel. We only have to abstain from P&M one moment at a time. So do not think about next week, think only about today.
CaptainAmerica42 likes this.