1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Dante's Shadow

I've been thinking a lot about seeing clearly and discerning between truth and error and I read two scriptures that have been motivating for me to take my scripture study up a notch. 1 Ne 15:24 and Hel 3:29-30. I think the adversary's key game plan is to blind us to our sins, errors, weakness, and temptation. Then it is much easier to get us to wander off the path.

I also love the promises included for those who hold fast to the word of God: they "would never perish", and land "at the right hand of God...to go no more out".
Dante's Shadow more_vert
Dante's Shadow
1 Ne 15:24 And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.
Phantom Avalanche likes this.
Dante's Shadow more_vert
Dante's Shadow
Hel 3:29-30
29 Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked—
30 And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out.
Phantom Avalanche likes this.