1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Castielle

I'm curious what other Christians think about this issue, but I cant ask it publicly on Facebook or anything because it involves a family member...

So I just looked at my sister's Christmas list, and I see that she has several different kinds of crystals on her list. Like the kinds that are supposedly used for "healing" or "attracting love" or whatever. I was really surprised to see this, because she is a Christian, and I've never heard her talk about believing in crystals having some kind of mystical powers before. I'm just feeling very taken aback by this, and trying to pray about what my role is here and whether or not I should day something. My sister is someone who does NOT handle conflict well. If I were to mention, even in the nicest way possible, that that stuff isnt real and doesnt align with what the Bible says about God being our source if joy and love and healing, not crystals, I have a feeling it would make things really awkward between us. So I just dont know what to do.

Advice is good, but prayer is better. For her and for me, to know whether or not I should say something and how I should approach this whole situation.
Romans 6 23 likes this.
Romans 6 23 more_vert
Romans 6 23
Don't know much about these. Maybe instead of trying to confront in a friendly way just ask her about it. Maybe just ask why she wants them, what she knows about them, how long she has been interested in them. In a very non judgemental way try to be sincerely interested.
Myfortress and RitzyPETE123 like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I'd ask her about it but more out of curiosity than any sort of condemnation. Maybe she just likes how they look! God made crystals, too, after all. :) However you decide to address it (if you do at all), being totally non-judgmental in your approach is what I would recommend. if you can't do that, then just let it ride. Her spiritual growth is up to God to manage, not you. So you can rest easy knowing she is in very good hands. :)
Myfortress and Romans 6 23 like this.
RitzyPETE123 more_vert
RitzyPETE123
Hi there Castielle! If I recall correctly, what you are describing your sister wants is incredibly close to what the Wiccans do (witchcraft) - the crystals, mystical powers to attract love etc... I think the best thing to do to begin with is to ask her why she wants them, then to expand from there without confronting her about it. Overall, I deffo would not get her them as if you do you'll be encouraging/agreeing with her over it. All the best, Pete.
jenthleth and Romans 6 23 like this.
brilliantidiot more_vert
brilliantidiot
I no nothing about witchcraft, but maybe an awkward confrontation is better than your sister starting to practice witchcraft, just saying. I wouldn't get them for her if I were you. On the other hand, she will probably find a way to get them anyway if she really wants them. You should definitely figure out what she wants them for and work from there.
brilliantidiot more_vert
brilliantidiot
oops sorry about the last post

@Tao Jones

"Her spiritual growth is up to God to manage, not you. So you can rest easy knowing she is in very good hands."

we can't just say that Castielle should go ahead and buy his sister objects that would cause her to sin because her spiritual wellbeing is not his responsibility. we are very responsible for others spiritual wellbeing. That's how God made it. We can build each other up, or tear each other down. Our actions directly impact others (think of Adam and Eve affecting every human ever).
chimbu more_vert
chimbu
As an Indian, I know many people wearing rings with certain crystals (Navaratna - "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navaratna") on it. It is believed by the hindus to have some magical powers to bring goodness to lives.
But, as a christian, this practice is indeed against the first commandment of our Lord. That's all what I know about these crystals. :)