1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by The Errol

I've an emotional struggling with Christianity since a boy. I can't think about God as really loving Father or so, though I had a very carying & lovable dad. And also I sometimes see the cross a defiance to us, more than something loving towards us. Thoughts?
Gracealone3 and Nero Degurechaff like this.
Nero Degurechaff more_vert
Nero Degurechaff
You can also find answers in other places like nofap or in real life places. I was also the same like you last month, if you truly can't do so,just do good things and God will do the things.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
I'm a Christian since baby (I was raised in Christian home), but life had its ups and downs. But yeah, I have problems loving God I think so. I go to churchurch and so on. But I think my problem is philosophical, may be.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
Well... It's kind odd also. Because what you believe, led you to action, so... I had a lots of questions since young, some had been answered but other doesn't, and that affects my PMO behavior and also my beliefs about sexuality.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
I have a normal life (may be) but I tend to be very skeptical sometimes. More because our post modernism and so. So that confuse me a lot. And because NoFap is kind secular, becomes difficult to share my perspective about this.
Nero Degurechaff
If that's the case,the answer will be very hard to find as philosophy also held me back at loving God and even now, the answer will be within yourself of what will you do in your life.
Nero Degurechaff
try to have it meaning as much as possible tho ,otherwise it's pointless.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
Well I think yes. Meaning is the key, obviously. But in a world where suchildren thing is considered old-fashion is difficult to attach to it, regardless is the anwser. I don't know what to do, hahaha.
Nero Degurechaff
Well try not to think too hard of loving God,i am sure He understands your deepest thoughts, try to slow down a bit and search for good things to do and amazing things in life.
Nero Degurechaff
once you done that,you'll probably find what you want to do and hopefully love God one way or another.
Ihatepmo likes this.
CLAW66 more_vert
CLAW66
Seek to know God. Pray and read His word. Forget about what you think you know. Humble yourself before Him and He will take care of things. Rest in faith. He alone can deliver. I know for me, this is the only path left.
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
I disagree with Nero Degurechaff on a couple of these point. Yes, I don't doubt that we can find our answers through the bible and His Word, I affirm that. However, I think trying to find ‘answers within yourself’ is a bit too vague for me.
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
But I would turn to some Christian apologetics if you have any intellectual doubts. Like you, I grew up in a Christian household. At 18, I had some serious intellectual doubts, many of them classic ones which you have probably already heard of:
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
If God is all-knowing, all powerful and all loving, why is there so much suffering and evil in the world? Is the bible reliable? Did Jesus really rise from the dead? Doesn't science disprove God/faith? etc etc
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
So how did I find answers to these questions? In summary, a combination of:
1. Prayer and continuing to study and reading God’s Word
2. Educate yourself with some Christian books – there are some excellent resources online. I’ll post some below.
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
3. Follow your questions ‘into the ground’. Basically, don’t give up on a question till your satisfied. I still have questions that I read up on.
4. Doubt your doubts – Look for flaws in your doubts! Remember how far God has brought you already.
The Errol likes this.
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
5 Talk to a wiser Christian – Is there an older, wiser Christian in your church who’s wrestled with these questions?Go ask them!
Lastly remember, “All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.” – John 6:37
clydevulcan likes this.
Gracealone3 more_vert
Gracealone3
Here are some of my favourite websites:
Bethinking.org
http://www.veritas.org/
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/
I hope this helps. Please tell me if I’ve got this wrong!
I’ll be praying for you brother and in our fight against PMO!
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
@Gracealone3 Great! Apologetics has already helped me a lot! Love W. L. Craig! I'm a very avid reader of his posts and debates! however, I have more personal question rather than those of the teodicy, or so. And I was able to answer them properly.
Gracealone3 likes this.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
@Gracealone3 Well I've an uncle whom I asked many, many questions. However his answers have been really clever & sarcastic that leads me with many questions more, haha. Though, all them are 100% bibilical!
Gracealone3 likes this.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
Also I pray everyday. Read the Bible daily too, and don't have any doctrinal problems at all. However, I felt that God simply doesn't care. Just that. I do my part, but I think He doesn't.