1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by StillGoing129

I wanted some advice or opinions on dating.
There is a girl ive been getting to know who is a christian, i do not feel as though God is warning me off her, but my concern is me.
I know I will always have to fight off PMO, but should I wait until i have some more victory. I know i should not fear, but i am scared of hurting her or stuffing up.
I am back at day 2 after stuffing up, and in my battle with depression in 2018 i did some things i really regret. My couselor says go for it, but need some more points of view. So should i move ahead in faith believing I will have victory, or should i wait some more time, and if so, how much?
Dmodee likes this.
Mystery Man more_vert
Mystery Man
Hey brother my best advice to you is not to do what I did and that was rushing into a relationship without having a tight lid on my pmo addiction. It seems that you are light years ahead of me compared to where I was, but I wish I conquered it in my life before going into that scene in causing so much grief to the woman I ended up marrying
Dmodee likes this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
PMO will hurt intimacy in all relationships until it is no longer routinely engaged in. Your counselor knows the situation better than we do, so I defer to their advice. Just go into any relationship (friend, girlfriend, etc.) knowing that any PMO in your life will serve as a barrier to true, deep intimacy.
jenthleth, Dmodee and Mystery Man like this.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
With PMO in your life it will be difficult to see her in a proper way. As long as it doesn't lead to sexual intimacy, you should be OK. If this is going to be impossible, you need to stay away, or set up barriers. If I may ask, is this a Christian girl? It would be important to have a girl who wants to keep it pure and hold you to it. Pray that the lord will lead you to the right decision. You have sought counsel, now ask God to confirm. He answers by opening and closing doors. A no or closed door in this case would be the dial intimacy or she's not Christian.. Those type of things.
jenthleth and Dmodee like this.
Dmodee more_vert
Dmodee
Just my two cents, pray it out and be sure in pursuing Him and His will in and through either direction He wants. He can work in very mysterious ways, Hus knowledge of your every thou( even the silent ones) will shape you. Focus on Him in everything. Your decisions are far inferior. Peace with you
Tao Jones and Mystery Man like this.
Walk_it_out more_vert
Walk_it_out
If you have self control then it's not wrong to like a girl or want to date her..I mean how do you get married without at least getting to know a girl? But, you know if you can handle yourself..After many years away from a relationship, I still cannot handle myself the way I want to..I mean I have improved but I personally know it would be likely I would fall into places I don't want to be spiritually. So just use wise judgement with yourself and your motives is all I would say I guess..May the Lord give you wisdom and Grace to walk in it
Tao Jones and Myfortress like this.
StillGoing129 more_vert
StillGoing129
Thank You all, really appreciate it. She is a christian girl, i have been friends with her for several months. I am 99% sure she has boundaries, wanting to wait for marriage. I'll keep praying :)