1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by The Errol

I've an emotional struggling with Christianity since a boy. I can't think about God as really loving Father or so, though I had a very carying & lovable dad. And also I sometimes see the cross a defiance to us, more than something loving towards us. Thoughts?
Gracealone3 and Nero Degurechaff like this.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
@Gracealone3 Well I've an uncle whom I asked many, many questions. However his answers have been really clever & sarcastic that leads me with many questions more, haha. Though, all them are 100% bibilical!
Gracealone3 likes this.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
Also I pray everyday. Read the Bible daily too, and don't have any doctrinal problems at all. However, I felt that God simply doesn't care. Just that. I do my part, but I think He doesn't.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
You are not alone in this struggle either, bro. I too have had a difficult time coming to grips with Christianity and what it means to me. I have to be honest both with God and with myself. And this journey has led me down....
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
...a road that involves a lot of soul searching. I've tried fasting(not from food but from other things) praying, trying to communicate with God. I luckily found a great online church that has been fantastic and has helped me greatly....
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
But I am still struggling to find answers to questions and things. I wasn't borne into a religious house or anything like that. I have Christian relatives and Atheist relatives and my upbringing was rather... normal(so to speak)
The Errol likes this.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
I hear where you are coming from and I am in a similar place myself. I understand how it feels to stand at the fork in the road and not know which path to take. I am there myself. But I think things will get better. Jesus seeks the lost, does He not?
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
If you keep a good attitude and stay strong and keep looking, I'm certain that He will find you. May not be for a while or it may be very soon. Only He knows for sure. Best of luck to ya, brother. Peace and God Bless. sorry for the many posts..
The Errol likes this.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
Well actually this struggle has helped me to empathize with atheists. However, there are not very aware why they disbelief, haha, but I know for sure why. Nevermind, thanks for your support @Trevorphilipz!
Trevorphilipz likes this.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
Doing what we can to help others when we see an opportunity, even if its a simple kind word or even a smile, is a worthwhile thing. And I think that "stepping out" and trying to help is a way that brings us closer to Him who made us
The Errol likes this.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
I have something to say, I'm not sure how to say this but it's about a comment you made above. I don't really wish to be negative or insulting or attack you or speak falsely, so please keep that in mind.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
But I happen to believe that God cares a great deal, He always fulfills His side of the bargain. He is faithful, kind, compassionate, merciful, loving. We may not perceive of things that He does in our lives, but they're there.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
Its about faith and trust. Do you trust your parents to work things for your best interest whether you're aware of it or not? Do you see what I'm trying to get at here? Have patience, God works on His schedule, not ours. I'm learning to trust Him.
The Errol likes this.
Nero Degurechaff more_vert
Nero Degurechaff
Gracealone3,sometimes God gives your answers within yourself, that's why i am suggesting that not just the Bible but within yourself and other places because as theerrol said,he is having trouble finding "answers"
Nero Degurechaff
You also said that doubt your doubts and find flaws within your doubts, i think that's also part of "finding answers within yourself" to me only that is .
Nero Degurechaff
Trevorphilipz,its kind of very nice to see a guy who trusts God and gives advises so accurately,Thank you my brother,even though it was directed to The Errol,i had some kind of feeling to trust God more than ever again.
Trevorphilipz likes this.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
I appreciate your kind words, my brother. I am here to help who I can help. I feel that as long as I can help someone, even in a small way, that day was a successful day.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
@Trevorphilipz I apologize if I offend anyone by what I said. But you have a point! I'm very greateful about what my parents do for me! (well, my mom actually; dad passed away, though he taugh me a lot of things!)
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
However, I feel kind impatience sometimes, when I really have no good reasons to be at it. But I'm greateful with Him. He gave a good life, family and friends! A powerful reason to stop being so selfish with PMO.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
The thing is that I felt hurt about why many other people are suffering without reason. May be are contradict beliefs about the same phenomena, but as an honest, rational human, I often have questions that, I believe, affect my actions.
The Errol more_vert
The Errol
A very good book in Bible to start analyzing what I mean, just read Judges. You see at the same time the wrath & mercy of God over and over. However, the Bible doesn't address more deeply this topic.