1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Johnnybgud3

A couple of tools and notes I have found helpful in my journey to beat PMO. One has been putting God first each morning, this means make a prayer to Him every morning when you wake up (or after a shower, coffee etc) and ask for our Heavenly Father to lend you His strength, He will lend you His strength gladly. All He asks is that you admit your weakness and/or problem to Him. Secondly something I personally found useful and would suggest is if you feel like you are about to cave, find a hobby, or start a project and make it part of your daily routine so that instead of those feelings getting a chance to sink in, you're too busy doing something. If all else fails (and I've done to this) scream out "Nope!" and run into the shower and turn it to it's coldest setting.
Arnuld more_vert
Arnuld
Good stuff dude. You are right. God has to come first. Every single day. Projects and hobbies are also extremely helpful. One tip I have found useful lately is don’t indulge the fantasy. Think of your mind as cable television. If you have to flip past Cinemax at 11pm on Friday don’t linger there. Change the channel as fast as humanly possible.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
Interesting suggestions, dude. I honestly can say that I am NOT a fan of cold showers, but if that's what helps you, then keep on doing it. Hobbies are good to have, but if you don't have the time, funds, transport, or materials to start a hobby, there's always reading, writing, online puzzles or quizzes just for fun or what have you. Appreciate the advise, bud, hoping and praying that you and everyone else has a wonderful day/evening/night and, even for those like myself who have stumbled, begin a bright new chapter today/tomorrow depending on your location/time zone. Be blessed everyone!
Johnnybgud3 and Arnuld like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
@Arnuld If our mind keeps flipping past Cinemax, better to cancel the cable tv altogether and tune into something else entirely. :)
Johnnybgud3 and Arnuld like this.
Trevorphilipz more_vert
Trevorphilipz
I have a different name for it. I won't list it here because it might be triggering for some, but I'm sure people get what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, some people, like myself, can't flip past HBO @ night, or cinimax around the 2 am slot. Both because of the desires within us, and because of pmo.