1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Lastgreenseer

How many use sacramentals to help in this struggle?

Things such as wearing a cross or the scapular around your neck under your clothes. Also carrying a rosary in your pocket.
Wilbraham, Kevoya and Trappist like this.
Cuauhtli more_vert
Cuauhtli
Praying my rosary helps me greatly.
Wilbraham and Lastgreenseer like this.
sparkywantsnoPMO more_vert
sparkywantsnoPMO
I make 1 decade rosary chaplets for people to carry and help with things like this, so yes it helps.
Kevoya more_vert
Kevoya
I believe sacraments are for purification not helping you stop sin. I think a saint said you are supposed to wait 7 days before taking the Eucharist or else our not keeping that action holy.
Wilbraham more_vert
Wilbraham
Sacramental's help greatly. I would recommend using them as frequently as you are tempted. I would even get a bottle of holy water and blessed salt, particularly blessed with the Latin prayers of exorcism. Any priest should be able to do this for you with iodized salt so long as he uses the Rituale Romanum, book of blessings. Its worth asking about. The blessed salt is very powerful, particularly to rid your home of any demons that like to dwell where there is repeated serious sin.
Lastgreenseer likes this.
transformedbychrist more_vert
transformedbychrist
I think Christ wants us to use whatever holy means necessary (as long as we are not sinning) to beat this. Having a rosary in my pocket helps me.
Lastgreenseer and Wilbraham like this.