1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by stands to reason

@TheHealer A thought that came to me today:

TheHealer: Satan doesn't really have any power over us unless we let him. God gave us the gift of freedom, the gift of choice. We decide what path we take, whether that be for good or evil. The devil can't interfere with that. He has no power over our choice and our will of action. The only thing he can do is whisper lies and deceit in our ears, trick us and provide false reasons to lure us into doing wrong. But he can't force us. He can't make us do something against our will. He holds no power over us unless WE LET HIM. God know what is right, because he is what is right, and as long as we follow him Satan CANNOT force us to do anything. All he can do is try and trick us into doing something wrong by making it seem right- for the wrong reasons.

So stay with your Father, he unveils what things truly are: what is truly right and wrong. He gave us the Holy Bible, His Words, and they tell how to stay safe from all the dangers of this world whispered by Satan, and what they are.

Always remain true with your heart, don't shut your eyes from what is wrong in shame. To have shame is the first step to come back to the right path, the good path. God already knows more about you than you do yourself, so there is no point in trying to hide from your sins, he already knows, and more importantly he forgives if you admit and come back.

Stands To Reason: Let us agree, that Satan has legal right to operate in darkness. Read the testimonies of professing Christians still battling urges, and falling, time again. Praying for forgiveness and sinning the same temptation over and over, the Bible calls this presumptuous sin. The Devil does gladly receives that as his invitation. He does have access in that. He has no power over righteous choices. Actually, all he does (with lies) is steal, kill, and destroy. His power is released in impenitent minds. Don't become hardened where you are not able to see that. Where there is dark thought in the Christian's mind, yes, Satan, with evil power can torment and tempt.
stands to reason more_vert
stands to reason
Being fearful. Allowing fear (dread) in your life is evil. Job suffered much because of fear and learned from God about it. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
stands to reason
Presumptuous sin is self-disastrous. While every sin is abomination to God, presumptuous sin is ultimate rebellion.
TheHealer more_vert
TheHealer
Maybe because english is not my first languge, but I don't really understand how the critique is relevant.
stands to reason
I only know one language. That's a talent you have. It's meant to inform those who read. Not meant to criticize you. We are on this site to help, and this an offering.
TheHealer more_vert
TheHealer
I misunderstood then, however I do think friendly discussions and critique are healthy, as long as there is no hate involved. Blessings to all.
stands to reason likes this.
stands to reason
I think respectful communication, with knowledge and understanding is the way we are to learn. Thank you @The Healer
TheHealer likes this.
EyesfortheHoly more_vert
EyesfortheHoly
God is good. Goliath is going to fall. Jesus paid the ultimate price for our freedom, let us fully live in it.
stands to reason likes this.