1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by InnerFaith

hey there brothers of dharma !
so my question is, what morality you follow other than nofap? how much of the sila/ethics that buddha told, do you adapt to daily life?
well, i try my best to also keep my mouth, "right speech", means avoid gossip bad language and negative talk.. but sometiems at my work with phone customers it is so hard, how does one goes and preserve that peacful state of mind that avoids inner violence before all?
u376 more_vert
u376
At the end of the day we all human beings.....we do gossip about others......in order to improve it you should watch Mahatma Buddha videos on YouTube......
Transcendent likes this.
InnerFaith more_vert
InnerFaith
didnt found any Mahatma Buddha videos, maybe you meant gautama buddha
and, i know we are all human being, but lets not excuse ourself, this is dharma practice, we bury ourself with excuses and we dont grow with excuses
Transcendent and u376 like this.
Androsophia more_vert
Androsophia
I try to follow the five precepts and also not gossip or talk smack on people. I also try to quell anger when it arises. And I work on diminishing unwholesome thoughts.
Transcendent likes this.
Lirudu more_vert
Lirudu
That's a good reminder. Is there a list of them? I studied them long ago but then let go because I didn't want to impose anything anymore on myself without transforming the essence. There is maybe a part laziness or stuborness in it, but still I believe that when you just look deeply inside and try to understand how things work and to what consequences they lead for yourself and take the responsability for them, it becomes clear why... For me nofap is the most important, but I think many of the sila's can be brought back to one big one 'ahimsa'.
Deleted Account likes this.