1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Jamesi7

Hi people. So i just wanted to ask a question on here. Am i the only one who finds instagram to be a problem? or social media in general? If you also may struggle with this, how do you navigate your way around this.
Thanks.
Coolboy1299 likes this.
MrPrince more_vert
MrPrince
I also find it a trouble.
MrPrince more_vert
MrPrince
I deleted the app for a whole year in order to aviod exposure to some pics or videos. I advice you to keep its usage low or dont use it all if you can
Jamesi7 likes this.
Spiff more_vert
Spiff
I avoid all social media except this forum. I avoid television and websites/apps that have potentially problematic images.
Jamesi7 likes this.
Spiff more_vert
Spiff
Besides our addiction problems, the presence of problematic pictures on these apps/websites reveal to us what part of our mind they are appealing to.
Jamesi7 likes this.
Spiff more_vert
Spiff
Just spend your time reading/looking at things that appeal to the higher functions of your mind, not the base ones.
Jamesi7 likes this.
HopeInJesus more_vert
HopeInJesus
Yes exactly. All these things are triggers and even minor ones can activate well worn circuits in your brain that lead to bad behaviour.
Jamesi7 likes this.
HopeInJesus more_vert
HopeInJesus
As to how. Avoid all visual unfiltered social media like Twitter and Instagram. I use Facebook to keep in touch with people I use in real life.
Jamesi7 likes this.
HopeInJesus more_vert
HopeInJesus
But if I'm having a tough patch I'll avoid FB and just be available on FB Messenger. Also avoid other triggers like TV with attractive women, sexy songs (most pop music) and replace with good things.
Jamesi7 likes this.
Jamesi7 more_vert
Jamesi7
How do you work your way around it? any advice
Jamesi7 more_vert
Jamesi7
Ah sorry, ignore the above question. I hadn't seen the responses
HopeInJesus likes this.